10-04-13, 08:05 PM   #1
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
Add notes coordinates

Is there a way to enter exact coordinates to my map notes? For the life of me I can't figure it out if there's such a option.

10-05-13, 12:33 AM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
/carb note text x y

or

/carb note text zone x y if it's in another zone.

10-07-13, 05:44 AM   #3
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
Thank you Rythal. That works =)

01-03-14, 08:46 AM   #4
Shodann
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Exclamation /carb note works strangely in russian

/carb note text zone x y — I can show in example:
Reconstructed from /way format, /carb note command needs to look like this, right?
/way Вершина Кунь-Лай 37.5, 78.0 Замерзший проводник-носильщик →
/carb note Замерзший проводник-носильщик Вершина Кунь-Лай 37.5 78.0
In this case program takes «Замерзший» like a note text, and all other text «проводник-носильщик Вершина Кунь-Лай» like a zone name and, of course, returns error, because zone named «проводник-носильщик Вершина Кунь-Лай» not exist. Command will be work normal, if we change note text form PHRASE to ONE WORD, like that →
/carb note Замерзший_проводник-носильщик Вершина Кунь-Лай 37.5 78.0

01-08-14, 04:09 PM   #5
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looking at the syntax for adding a note makes me cringe, thinking from the parser's point of view. Surely a better way could be found, even if it meant splitting off into another command to allow specific coordinates. This is the type of thing that would cause me to ignore backward compatibility to make things actually work. :-)

04-30-14, 12:16 AM   #6
Designadrug
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Got to admit it's making my eyes water too - the open-ended 'text' field should be at the end, not in the middle and after ones with a hard-wired default;

/carb note x y zone[default:current] text

Backwards compatability may not be a problem; the 'zone' field is NOT a free one and will match an entry in the list of zones in the game. As such a command passed to Carbonite could be parsed to see which field matches a zone name.

The simpler solution for backwards compatibility would be to add a *new* command with the improved syntax and depracate the old one;

/carb bm x y zone[default:current] text
/carb note text zone x y

The improved syntax would make for a simpler parser and probably allow it to work a bit better with non-latin character sets.

Just my 2c.

05-02-14, 02:27 AM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I've never really looked to much into the command line version, it's legacy from the previous.... the only one I ever changed or worked around with was the /way one

I do agree it should be the same format as /way

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Add notes coordinates