11-30-11, 02:21 AM   #1
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Pop-under advert

OK, time to report an annoying advert:

In the last month (including today, 30 Nov 2011), when I go to leave the front page (http://www.wowinterface.com) via the "Log In" butto, I get this pop-under advert:

http://www.partypoker.it/td/chiara_vid/partypoker_chiara_vid_400.htm?wm=3334179

It's a full page window. I don't see an actual image as the public PC I am using is "nanny-filtered" (Websense) however that is the URL it (the filter) does display.

Techinal details:

Region: Italy (Torino, Piedmonte)
Browser: IE 7
11-30-11, 03:27 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Yup. It's the only pop-under ad we have. It isn't a slip-up by our ad department. Sorry.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
11-30-11, 04:45 AM   #3
Foxlit
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
On mobile browsers (iOS), this is actually a pop up that triggers when you try to interact with any part of the page.

It manages to annoy me every time I forget about it and navigate to wowi on my phone
02-02-12, 02:11 AM   #4
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

That --CENSORED-- pop-under keeps coming back when I goto the log-in page. Normally I don't mind too much however the public PCs I am forced to use are extremely ancient and thus new IE (the browser I am forced to use, I need Chrome or Firefox!) windows take an age to load and lock up the PC. When you only got 45 minutes a day, any amount time wasted due to a unreponsive computer is time wasted.
02-02-12, 02:26 AM   #5
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Theres no ad code on the login page since its SSL (you'd get a security error if there was). I'm guessing the popup is being loaded on the first page and triggered when you press the login link.

If you can't keep cookies for your login just go directly to https://secure.wowinterface.com/login.php and ad code wont load because your not hitting the front page not logged in.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Pop-under advert