02-24-13, 06:26 PM   #1
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cursor flashes on anything Carbonite, Watch List problem.

OK, these problems I would have attributed to the amount of addons I run, but it happens without any addons other than the Blizz ones and !BugGrabber and BugSack plus Carbonite 5201-Alpha2 installed.

My cursor flashes any time I get on any Carbonite window. I have not altered the "node flash" settings at all on the Alpha, and they are disabled by default.

The other problem (well, for me at least) is that if I use the Quest Watch fixed size list option, I cannot change the size of the list. IE: Fixed size list means just that, the quest watch is a fixed size and cannot be re-sized at all. With the current live version of Carbonite you can re-size the fixed size quest watch window manually to the size you want it to be. In the latest Alpha version, I can't do that.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

02-24-13, 09:07 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
OK, these problems I would have attributed to the amount of addons I run, but it happens without any addons other than the Blizz ones and !BugGrabber and BugSack plus Carbonite 5201-Alpha2 installed.

My cursor flashes any time I get on any Carbonite window. I have not altered the "node flash" settings at all on the Alpha, and they are disabled by default.

The other problem (well, for me at least) is that if I use the Quest Watch fixed size list option, I cannot change the size of the list. IE: Fixed size list means just that, the quest watch is a fixed size and cannot be re-sized at all. With the current live version of Carbonite you can re-size the fixed size quest watch window manually to the size you want it to be. In the latest Alpha version, I can't do that.
Not sure on cursor flashing... but for quest window, there's an option so it's not fixed sized and can be resized.

02-25-13, 01:10 AM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Not sure on cursor flashing... but for quest window, there's an option so it's not fixed sized and can be resized.
Thank you for the quick answer, Rythal.

I hate to be picky here, but does that mean I can make it the size I want, or it re-sizes automatically to fit the list? I would actually like to be able to make it the size I want it to be like I can with the live version.

Sorry, its just that it might be a few days til I play again so I have time to ask what may seem to be silly questions.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-25-13 at 01:13 AM.

02-25-13, 05:17 AM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
yes, when fixed size is enabled, resizing is disabled and the window adjusts to fit what text is in it.
When fixed size is disabled it acts like any other window and can be resized how you want by dragging the sides.

02-25-13, 09:14 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
yes, when fixed size is enabled, resizing is disabled and the window adjusts to fit what text is in it.
When fixed size is disabled it acts like any other window and can be resized how you want by dragging the sides.
Thank you, Rythal. That's just what I wanted. I guess I was a bit confused because the terminology is the reverse of the way the original authors used it. Been used to using it the way it was for four years now, and I guess change just doesn't come easily for me.

I'm unsure, but it is entirely possible that the flashing problem just may be with my computer. It's a four and a half year old laptop with crappy Microsoft integrated graphics and Blizzard has stopped supporting that particular graphics "card" with the release of MoP. I don't seem to have any problems other than some "tearing" occasionally, but, hey, you never know. Since no one else apparently has this problem, don't worry about it. No sense in trying to chase down a phantom problem that one persons' graphics "card" is causing. Thanks for the thought, though.

02-25-13, 09:38 AM   #6
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I can see why they would of done it the reverse of me.... Fixed size could go either way, I took it as it's set by the program you can't adjust it.... while they took it you've set the size, the program can't adjust it..

02-26-13, 12:39 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Rythal, I owe you (and anyone else that reads this thread) an apology. I was using the Beta (Alpha??) version of Carbonite on the Live servers. Something I conveniently forgot to mention previously.

Anyway, I finally got the PTR installed (something I usually don't do unless there is a major patch coming, like MoP or something...) and Carbonite 5201Alpha2 works very well. Still have the cursor flashing whenever I get on a Carbonite window (this includes the Carbonite map too), but it is very erratic and doesn't happen continuously.

One thing I just remembered and might clarify things a bit: The cursor flashes when I am over the frame for the window, not the actual window itself. Make sense to you? I know, clear as mud.

One thing I have noticed, though, is in the Quest Watch. The problem is on a new character I created on the PTR. In the menu for the Quest Watch (it's one of the arrows on the right side of the header, but I can't remember which, sorry (see my signature)) if I choose to not watch quests from a different zone, it won't watch any quests. Even one that happens right where you are standing.

Once again, I don't know if this is happening for anyone else, since I haven't seen it posted before. If no one else has this problem, then just ignore this post.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-26-13 at 12:42 PM.

02-26-13, 12:58 PM   #8
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I use the beta on live aswell.. it shouldn't cause any problems, the only difference is on beta the 2 new zones show up on maps.

Still not sure on the cursor flashing, but i'll try hovering over the frame tonight... it could be a missing graphic

As for quests... and not watching current zone... what zone were you in?

02-26-13, 01:13 PM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The Blood Elf starter zone.

I also started a level 90 Monk, and picked up some pet battle quests which, as you know, will show up on all characters on that server. Well, I really didn't need to see them on this character so I chose to not see quests from another zone and viola', my Quest Watch was completely empty. Even though I had a quest for this character and was standing in the area where it was happening.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-26-13 at 01:17 PM.

02-26-13, 05:43 PM   #10
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I think it has to do with carbonite not knowing quests fully still... blood elf starter zone the quests are not yet updated for the new areaID when they changed all starters to seperate zones... level 90 I reloaded until the circle went grey saying it picked up blizzards quest, then tested and it worked.

Still can't get any flicker :/

02-26-13, 07:27 PM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well, I didn't have any problems with the level 90 Monk. All of the quests I picked up were showing (correctly, no red-ish quest orbs) in the list and the HUD was pointing the way to the nearest quest. I didn't try to hide any of the quests, though, since they were all in Pandaria and top level quests. For all I know the same thing might happen with those quests if I choose to hide the "out of my current zone" ones. I'll check that the next time I play.

Thanks for the explanation, Rythal.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about the flicker unless you get a flood of posts telling you it's happening. Like I said, it's probably something with my clunky old laptop.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Cursor flashes on anything Carbonite, Watch List problem.