06-30-10, 09:15 PM   #1
bigwolf925
A Defias Bandit
Question Text property??

I was following the tutorial for WoW UI Designer and read something in the tutorial that has me scratching my head. Let me quote from the tutorial: "8. Now to set up the form, select the Text property from the list to the right (near the top), enter something like Wowuides Tutorial..."

Where in the hell is the Text property? I've looked everywhere on the designer properties for the form and can't find any reference to a "Text" field.
06-30-10, 09:34 PM   #2
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
WoW UI Designer is quite confusing and quite dated for that matter. Last time I tried to use it I found that it was horribly out of date (and still is last I knew).

Honestly, you're better off heading here or here and asking the authors directly for help understanding things. The community here is actually very helpful, especially to "noobs".
07-01-10, 10:29 PM   #3
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you followed the tutorial correctly and selected the Default skin when first opening the xml file, then you will find the Text property in the Properties Window, under the Appearance category. If you selected a different skin, then the Text property is unlikely to be present.
07-02-10, 02:22 PM   #4
bigwolf925
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Nulkris View Post
If you followed the tutorial correctly and selected the Default skin when first opening the xml file, then you will find the Text property in the Properties Window, under the Appearance category. If you selected a different skin, then the Text property is unlikely to be present.
Thanks! I chose the Basic skin instead of the Default skin. That explains it...

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Text property??