05-03-09, 09:09 AM   #1
lordlundar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Here's an interesting idea/request

I've been looking to see if this exists but so far, no luck.

What I'm after is an Angle of Attack mod for when I'm flying. basically to give me a visual representation on if I'm going up, down, or am level. If someone knows of one, I'd be appreciative.
05-03-09, 09:14 AM   #2
nostress
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
FlightHUD, I believe.

Found it on Curse.
05-03-09, 09:17 AM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Someone far smarter can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's almost impossible. Blizzard only supplies Coordinates on an X, Y axis. They have no Z axis to factor in, meaning no way to tell how high you are.

The only type of addon I could see working to give you a rough idea is a waypoint addon that also factors speed. Carbonite does this on my machine, so that when I set a waypoint and fly towards it, it shows my speed on the map. If I fly completely horizontally, my speed will show correctly. If I alter my flight by going diagonally forward/up my speed is reflected as slower, since it will take me longer to go from Point A (current position) to Point B (destination).
05-03-09, 09:19 AM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by nostress View Post
FlightHUD, I believe.

Found it on Curse.
See, I am corrected, lol. I didn't know they released a call for Pitch variables

*EDIT: On the fun side, now you can take that addon and pair it with this quest http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=11391 and you have yourself a WoW Flight Sim :P

Last edited by Vis : 05-03-09 at 09:23 AM.
05-03-09, 06:00 PM   #5
lordlundar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That is exactly what I'm after. Thank you!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Here's an interesting idea/request