05-20-09, 12:22 AM   #1
Blackgoat
A Defias Bandit
A wishlist addon with items.

Hello fellow gamers, I have an idea that I would like to make come true, but I simply dont have the skills to do it, I've been reading and reading to learn how to code my very own addon and I just cant seem to get it, so it has come to this, im asking for help.. =)

My idea for the addon is simple, atleast the idea is, maybe not the actuall making of the addon itself. In my guild, we dont use DKP or raiding points or anything like that, we roll, and use common sence, raidleaders have a general look over what kinda gear ppl have etc etc, we do however have a wish system, wich is basically what it sounds like, I have a wish item from Ulduar, it drops, its mine if im the only one having that item, if im not, me and the other one roll for it. At the moment we all whisper our item to the raidleader and he shorts it out, usually printscreen and the wisher have to say when that item drop that he have it as his wish.

My idea to do this simple, to have an addon wish I type my wish in and that addon sends it to the raidleaders addon so he sees it, and to everyone else with the addon, it just says plain and simple: Blackgoat - Aesir's Edge.
Another idea that this could contain is a item part aswell, for the raiding instances in the game, EoE, OS, Naxx etc etc, click the item, and it will show as your wish. In my head its kinda like Pallypower but with the item instead of the buff.

Is this by any means doable? And if so, does anyone have the slightest interest in helping me with this? Either by doing it, or by guiding me so I myself can make it.

That is all, for now anyway. =)

/Blackgoat
05-20-09, 02:05 AM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
AtlasLoot has a wishlist feature, just go through the boss drops alt-click on the item you want and it gets saved to your wishlist, so next time just goto the list and PST the link to the RL.
05-20-09, 02:10 AM   #3
Blackgoat
A Defias Bandit
Yepp, I know it has a wishlist part, but using that we are back to square one, the raidleader needing to save whatever ppl have for their wish, wich I wanted to make simpler by having an addon that the use it self sets the item so the raidleader sees it without having to do anything more then look at the addon. But thank you for your answer mate, much appreciated.
05-20-09, 02:46 AM   #4
tinyu
A Molten Giant

i suppose so.

would righting their names and what they want on a piece of paper work just as good though?

"The simplest answer is usually the correct one." - William Ockham
05-20-09, 09:53 AM   #5
Blackgoat
A Defias Bandit
Thats more or less what we are doing now. =) Printscreen instead of writing tho, wanted to make that part simpler and faster. Meanwhile, im still looking into how to do this myself, so I havent quite given up yet.
05-20-09, 11:28 AM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Something that may work instead of going off a print screen is using one of the addons that lets you copy the chat window (prat, basicchatmods,etc) and a note pad style addon. Copy the chat, paste it in the note addon and its done. While not exactly what your after it might make a decent temporary solution that should be faster to set up and access while in game. If various people raid lead there are even note addons that let you transmit notes to people using the same one.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
05-22-09, 03:57 AM   #7
deveyus
A Defias Bandit
What about using something like GuildAds?

http://wowui.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=1120

.. Just make an item as something you 'want' in GuildAds... and well, It's a bit overkill for something so simple, but it WILL function for that.
05-22-09, 04:42 AM   #8
Oakayam
Premium Member

Have you tried Wishlist yet?

Of course if someone wants to remake it to be FuBar free and add tooltip/warning while mouseovering item links ( currently it prints info in chat when you loot the item that is on your wishlist ) I am all for it :P

Last edited by Oakayam : 05-22-09 at 04:56 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » A wishlist addon with items.