02-02-11, 04:07 PM   #1
Maelynn
A Fallenroot Satyr

LF Necrotic Power for AuldLangSyne

Ever since 4.0.1 hit, this addon has broken. Various pleas on the addon's comment page by several people have so far yielded no results, as it's already February and there's been no sign of update (the author himself hasn't even replied since October). Seeing as how I really love this addon, I decided to finally ask someone else if they can perhaps a) ressurrect the addon - as I think it can be considered abandoned, but I might be wrong - or b) point me to a very similar addon that does the specific things below:

- allow me to see at one glance who are online, like when I first log on
- allow me to see all the guild/officer notes at once, so that I can see who's on alts for instance
- sync my friendslists through all my toons, so that I can add a friend without having to log to all my alts separately
- allow me to add notes to the people on my ignore list, so that I can remind myself why I found them enough of an arsecandle to end up on that list

I'd be very grateful if someone can help me with this, as this has always been one of my favourite addons and it saddens me to not have seen any sign of life from the author in 4 months. :'(
02-02-11, 06:19 PM   #2
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I haven't personally used it, but perhaps GuildMaster may be a halfway suitable replacement (I say halfway suitable because the understanding I got when I skimmed through the description, it sounded like it may be able to do the first two things you list).

The others could be done with Carbonite. Sure, most people only think Carbonite is a Map/Quest addon, but it also modifies the Social window (at around 8:35 in this youtube video you can see it, which has a Pals tab that syncs all your toon's friends lists (has one general list; doesn't separate them by toons) and the Punks tab is your Ignore list that you should be able to put notes on (IIRC)).

Sure this may not be an all inclusive solution, but it's an option to look at!

02-02-11, 07:21 PM   #3
WayfarerOmega
A Murloc Raider
I've been a fan of AuldLangSyne for a long time and have been hoping to eventually see a Cataclysm update for it. In the meantime I've been using picoFriends and picoGuild to replace it. Of course both are Data Broker AddOns so if you don't use Data Broker they may not be what you're looking for.

To sync my friends lists across my alts I use FriendsWithBenefits.

To add notes to my ignore list I use IgnoreMore.
02-04-11, 06:02 AM   #4
Maelynn
A Fallenroot Satyr

Many thanks for the suggestions. I had already looked at GuildMaster before, but it's way too extensive to my liking. The same goes for Carbonite, as I'm not fond of getting a lot of map/quest stuff only to be able to use the social part.

I don't have a DataBroker, so that crosses out the pico ones. FriendsWithBenefits and IgnoreMore do sound nice and minimal, I think I'll try those for the time being.

I still hope that someone will step up and adopt AuldLangSyne, though.. it's a shame it's been abandoned for so many months now, as it was a fabulous addon. :s
02-04-11, 06:50 AM   #5
Canities
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
@ Maelynn,
Just a suggestion but I use Broker Social State with a Broker display. It allows you to see the number of friends/guildies currently online. It also has mouseover tooltip that shows: friend/officer notes, character level, current zone. The other useful thing is you can alt-click on names to invite to a group.
For syncing friends i have been useing Friends With Benefits which syncs between characters. I have never used anything to add notes to my ignore list but i'm sure there are quite a few addons out there that will do the job.

Regards

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » LF Necrotic Power for AuldLangSyne