Quantcast oUF - Layout discussion - Page 37 - WoWInterface
Thread Tools Display Modes
02-13-09, 11:52 PM   #721
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
Yhor's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,077
Originally Posted by Elloria View Post
well it seems i celebrated too soon. The pvp icon stays there after i unflag but after i dl /rl it dissapears.
Well, you've reached my limits. You pvp nuts and all your updates, it sounds like an update or postupdate issue, but I'm still a young padawan.
 
02-14-09, 12:27 AM   #722
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder
 
Elloria's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 358
not a problem thank you so much for getting me this far. If all it takes is a quick /rl to fix the problem so be it. Not a biggie to me Thanks os much for your time tonight.
__________________
 
02-14-09, 05:39 AM   #723
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei
 
Zyonin's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,440
OK, a bit of a newbie at Lua here. I am currently using Wimp's oUF_Faith layout and been slowly mutating to my taste (it maybe time to branch it off into its project, however that is the future..

What I am looking for is how do I show HP color (aka green for full HP, red for low HP, etc.) for my HP text.? Likewise how would I show Power color (Runic, Mana) etc for Power text?

I would prefer a tag as that is how I am tinkering with the layout in question. Likely someone has already tackled this in the past however my SearchFu is lacking today. I did a look through both this thread and WoWWiki however I did not find what was looking for (likely did not look at the right post/article/function ). I also looked through the prebuilt tags (in oUF\elements\tags.lua), however again I did not find what I was looking for.

Just link me to the post or other resource then I will take it from here.
__________________
LiveJournal | Twitter

 
02-14-09, 12:58 PM   #724
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
p3lim's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,617
Originally Posted by Lykofos View Post
OK, a bit of a newbie at Lua here. I am currently using Wimp's oUF_Faith layout and been slowly mutating to my taste (it maybe time to branch it off into its project, however that is the future..

What I am looking for is how do I show HP color (aka green for full HP, red for low HP, etc.) for my HP text.? Likewise how would I show Power color (Runic, Mana) etc for Power text?

I would prefer a tag as that is how I am tinkering with the layout in question. Likely someone has already tackled this in the past however my SearchFu is lacking today. I did a look through both this thread and WoWWiki however I did not find what was looking for (likely did not look at the right post/article/function ). I also looked through the prebuilt tags (in oUF\elements\tags.lua), however again I did not find what I was looking for.

Just link me to the post or other resource then I will take it from here.
Im using this tag for oUF P3lim

Code:
local function Hex(r, g, b)
	if(type(r) == 'table') then
		if(r.r) then r, g, b = r.r, r.g, r.b else r, g, b = unpack(r) end
	end
	return string.format('|cff%02x%02x%02x', r*255, g*255, b*255)
end

oUF.Tags['[colorpp]'] = function(u) local n,s = UnitPowerType(u) return Hex(colors.power[s]) end
 
02-14-09, 02:18 PM   #725
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei
 
Zyonin's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,440
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
Im using this tag for oUF P3lim

Code:
local function Hex(r, g, b)
	if(type(r) == 'table') then
		if(r.r) then r, g, b = r.r, r.g, r.b else r, g, b = unpack(r) end
	end
	return string.format('|cff%02x%02x%02x', r*255, g*255, b*255)
end

oUF.Tags['[colorpp]'] = function(u) local n,s = UnitPowerType(u) return Hex(colors.power[s]) end
Drat, my current layout did not like that. I will have to approach this from another angle I guess such as modifying yours to support my choice of fonts. Anyway, back to the ol drawing board.
__________________
LiveJournal | Twitter

 
02-14-09, 03:02 PM   #726
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
p3lim's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,617
Originally Posted by Lykofos View Post
Drat, my current layout did not like that. I will have to approach this from another angle I guess such as modifying yours to support my choice of fonts. Anyway, back to the ol drawing board.
could also just add this to the PostUpdatePower function of your layout:
Code:
local n, s = UnitPowerType(unit)
bar.value:SetTextColor(unpack(colors.power[s]))
 
02-14-09, 05:05 PM   #727
coree
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by haste View Post
.visible* is set for the post-update functions. What you want to set is numDebuffs/numBuffs. This is documented in the aura.lua .
it's not exactly what i want (,but i think .numDebuffs work how it should.). cause with self.Auras.numDebuffs = 1 only the first debuff will be shown. but when i hide a special debuff (with my code posted before) and this debuff is the first debuff on the unit, i wont see any other debuff on this unit if the unit has another.
ok, maybe than i have to edit my code to hide the debuffs.
I'll see...
 
02-15-09, 02:48 AM   #728
Caellian
A Frostmaul Preserver
 
Caellian's Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 281
Sorry to bring back this question about the partytargets partypets parenting issue but i still didn't find a way to fix it, believe me i've tried.

Anyway, since i moved my party targets and party pets to custom templates instead of spawning them in the layout itself (i kept being told that .xml would be much better and would even avoid me some headache *cough*), i've had this parenting issue.

As they're both parented to the party they inherit the party alpha settings so basically if a party member goes out of range, his pet and/or target also goes out of range, which isn't correct.

I've been told to parent them somewhere else, but they're like that by default since i moved them to custom templates and since i'm new to that method i'm a bit lost.

I've tried to parent them somewhere else, UIParent, other units, but that either does nothing at all or give errors.

Here's an example of one of the many ways i've tried and miserably failed:
Code:
	elseif(self:GetAttribute('unitsuffix') == 'pet') then
		self:SetAttribute('initial-height', 10)
		self:SetAttribute('initial-width', 109.5)
		self:SetParent('parent', UIParent)
So could anyone explain me "exactly" how and where i can change their parent frame so i don't have that range alpha issue anymore please ?

Edit: Not sure if it's usefull but here's a link to the .xml, i've removed the first line as it seems it causes issues with pastey.net

partypets & partytargets template
__________________
if (sizeof(workload) > sizeof(brain_capacity)) { die('System Overload'); }

Last edited by Caellian : 02-16-09 at 08:34 AM.
 
02-15-09, 06:25 AM   #729
Rostok
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 127
Hi there,

thanks for the help with the xml template, all works fine now !

I'm just wondering if it is possible to add ClassColors support inside a layout with the override function (for health or power) without having to add support directly inside oUF ?
 
02-15-09, 07:30 AM   #730
ObbleYeah
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 210
Originally Posted by Rostok View Post
Hi there,

thanks for the help with the xml template, all works fine now !

I'm just wondering if it is possible to add ClassColors support inside a layout with the override function (for health or power) without having to add support directly inside oUF ?
Wouldn't calling CUSTOM_CLASS_COLOR do this?
 
02-16-09, 08:25 AM   #731
sweede
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18
Does anyone have an example of raid frames growing from left to right (horizontally) ?

I went through every raid frame package listed on this site and none of them have frames growing left to right.

Is this possible with oUF ?
 
02-16-09, 09:55 AM   #732
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
Alkar's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 195
Originally Posted by sweede View Post
Does anyone have an example of raid frames growing from left to right (horizontally) ?

I went through every raid frame package listed on this site and none of them have frames growing left to right.

Is this possible with oUF ?
This is how i did it for party frames so i assume its basicly the same way

Code:
local party = oUF:Spawn('header', 'oUF_MooPartyTemplate')
party:SetPoint('TOP', UIParent, 'BOTTOM', 0, 100)
party:SetManyAttributes(
	"showParty", true,   
	"showRaid", false,   
	"columnSpacing", 10,   
	"unitsPerColumn", 1,   
	"maxColumns", 4,   
	"columnAnchorPoint", "LEFT",   
	"xOffset", 20   
)
party:SetAttribute("template", "oUF_MooParty")
but instead of party would be oUF_Raid using the template layout to spawn them where you want them. Also a few pages back Last put up an exampale of using the template and in his layout the raid frames are spawned that way.
__________________
 
02-16-09, 10:59 AM   #733
sweede
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
This is how i did it for party frames so i assume its basicly the same way

Code:
local party = oUF:Spawn('header', 'oUF_MooPartyTemplate')
party:SetPoint('TOP', UIParent, 'BOTTOM', 0, 100)
party:SetManyAttributes(
	"showParty", true,   
	"showRaid", false,   
	"columnSpacing", 10,   
	"unitsPerColumn", 1,   
	"maxColumns", 4,   
	"columnAnchorPoint", "LEFT",   
	"xOffset", 20   
)
party:SetAttribute("template", "oUF_MooParty")
but instead of party would be oUF_Raid using the template layout to spawn them where you want them. Also a few pages back Last put up an exampale of using the template and in his layout the raid frames are spawned that way.

I tried something like that and it didnt work.

I did figure it out though,
Code:
for i = 1, 5 do 
    local group = oUF:Spawn('header', 'oUF_Group'..i) 
    group:SetManyAttributes(
        'groupFilter', tostring(i), 
        'showRaid', true, 
        'xOffset', -2,
        'point', 'RIGHT',
        'sortDir' , 'DESC'
    ) 
    table.insert(raid, group) 
    if(i == 1) then 
        group:SetManyAttributes('showParty', true, 'showPlayer', true) 
        group:SetPoint('TOPLEFT', UIParent, 685, -614.7) -- make sure you change the x and y to where you want the frame to be placed. 
    else 
        group:SetPoint('TOPLEFT', raid[i-1], 'BOTTOMLEFT', 0, -2) 
    end 
    
    group:Show() 
end
key attribute is in bold.

It'd be nice if there was a listing of all of these attributes somewhere that you could look through so you didnt have to search through elitistjerks of all places.
 
02-16-09, 11:08 AM   #734
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
p3lim's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,617
Spawning raid as multiple headers in a table aint the right way to go though.
 
02-16-09, 01:46 PM   #735
demitri
A Fallenroot Satyr
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20
i know this may come as a "noob" question but im new to oUF and im using the coree layout..

my question is.. how do i make when im in raid that my party frames dont show and only raid frames... and the raid frames that are shown are 5 with me included in my group as part of the 5..


and also.. how do i move frames around the screen?
 
02-16-09, 03:24 PM   #736
nidraj
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10
3d portait

hi ,

I would like to know if it is possible to incorporate a 3D portrait , but on a not square and round foundation?
 
02-16-09, 03:29 PM   #737
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
p3lim's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,617
Originally Posted by nidraj View Post
hi ,

I would like to know if it is possible to incorporate a 3D portrait , but on a not square and round foundation?
Look closely at my layout's health bar(s)
 
02-16-09, 03:44 PM   #738
nidraj
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
Look closely at my layout's health bar(s)
yes, incorperer a portrait 3d is not worries. it is to incorporate a Portrait on rounde Foundation.

Like adatp



(The foundation of my interface is Ouf_Neav )

I have already incorporate a 3D Portait but it's square

(Sry my bad english)

thx for the Fast reply
 
02-16-09, 04:06 PM   #739
Wimpface
A Molten Giant
 
Wimpface's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 648
Originally Posted by nidraj View Post
yes, incorperer a portrait 3d is not worries. it is to incorporate a Portrait on rounde Foundation.

Like adatp



(The foundation of my interface is Ouf_Neav )

I have already incorporate a 3D Portait but it's square

(Sry my bad english)

thx for the Fast reply
Actually, Adapt's portraits are square but resized so they fit in the round texture, a round 3d portrait is not possible as far as i know.
__________________
All I see is strobe lights blinding me in my hindsight.
 
02-16-09, 04:23 PM   #740
nidraj
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
Actually, Adapt's portraits are square but resized so they fit in the round texture, a round 3d portrait is not possible as far as i know.
ok =/

thx
 

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » oUF - Layout discussion

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off