12-26-10, 06:15 PM   #1
Theramor
A Murloc Raider
Question Blizzard Quest Popup

Greetings all,

I seem to be having an issue with the Blizzard quest complete pop-up - the one that shows up when doing quests in Redridge using the communicator, as an example.

For some reason, and I've done graphic option resets and non-addon runs, it either doesn't show up or is very faint/ghostlike and I don't see it.

Is there something I'm missing or is this the normal behavior for it....or is there an add-on I can use that will fix this?

T
12-26-10, 07:36 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Perhaps a screenshot to show us what you mean.

From what I can see the popup quest giver/completer is very clear so I haven't come across the sort of problem you're seeing.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
12-27-10, 03:09 PM   #3
Theramor
A Murloc Raider
Well, that's one problem.....can't really screenshot something that isn't visible...

I guess I'll have to see if it is an addon interfering with it.

T
12-27-10, 03:22 PM   #4
Toran
A Nerdscale Dorkin

Premium Member
Hmm that's interesting. I didn't even know there was supposed to be one. When I got to deepholm, the quest line started where you communicate remotely w the quest giver. I had no idea that was the case until I hit "L" and opened my quest log to see the "Quest Complete" button there. Nothing appeared for me on screen.

I use the following quest related addons: Who Framed Watcher Wabbit, WoWPro Guide, LightHeaded, and SmoothQuest. Haven't tried troubleshooting yet.
12-27-10, 03:46 PM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The only thing I can think of is a quest addon that isn't aware of the new quest pop up. But then again unless they are creating their own watchframe and not utilising the built in one then that would be the reason it isn't working for you I suspect.

If any of you creators of these are reading this the name of the new frame is ..

WatchFrameAutoQuestPopup1ScrollChild
WatchFrameAutoQuestPopup1

As you can guess there could possibly be more than a few there but I haven't investigated further because my quest addon works fine with it as I don't alter anything in the watchframe except the header and the minimize button.

Here's a screenshot of it working with the framestack on display. ScrollingWatchFrame is my addon and is docked in the lower right in nUI's infopanel system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_121010_162837.jpg
Views:	729
Size:	408.8 KB
ID:	5521  

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
12-27-10, 04:24 PM   #6
Toran
A Nerdscale Dorkin

Premium Member
Oh I see. It's because I am using the WoWPro tracking frame right now while leveling - which doesn't have support for it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Blizzard Quest Popup