05-14-10, 09:46 PM   #1
dr_AllCOM3
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Aura duration in COMBAT_LOG_EVENT

There's no way to get an aura duration from COMBAT_LOG_EVENT.
I wish that SPELL_AURA_APPLIED and SPELL_AURA_REFRESH would provide the expiration time as an additional parameter.
05-24-10, 06:49 AM   #2
hipjipp
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by dr_AllCOM3 View Post
There's no way to get an aura duration from COMBAT_LOG_EVENT.
I wish that SPELL_AURA_APPLIED and SPELL_AURA_REFRESH would provide the expiration time as an additional parameter.
I'm just guessing, but couldn't you just fetch the spell and get the duration from there? sure, it might be a way around, but doesn't it work?
05-25-10, 09:07 AM   #3
Verissi
Premium Member

Originally Posted by hipjipp View Post
I'm just guessing, but couldn't you just fetch the spell and get the duration from there? sure, it might be a way around, but doesn't it work?
You could get it from the aura itself (it does work), but I agree that it would be really nice to have it provided in SPELL_AURA_REFRESH or SPELL_AURA_APPLIED combat log entries rather than having to go through any extra steps.
05-25-10, 12:50 PM   #4
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
a quick brain dump, based on what i know.

with a target unit id, you can use UnitAura(), and obtain the actual remaining duration of the aura(s) active on the target (presumably taking into account the caster's talents, etc). as far as i know, that is the "only way".

as far as i know, there is nothing simple/direct in the combat log, and even with a spell id from the combat log, querying via GetSpellInfo(), there is nothing that can give you anything on aura effect duration.

i suppose you could try tracking matching sets of _AURA_APPLIED/_AURA_REMOVED events (match them up based on target GUID?), do arithmetic on the timestamps, and save the result per spell id for "future reference".
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Wish List » Aura duration in COMBAT_LOG_EVENT