this is what i see
Looks perfect

02-26-13, 09:01 PM   #423
poleherbehr77
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Looks perfect
wait so this is working as intended?

if so why then was I was prompted previously with a window stating OK! and FAILED!

02-26-13, 09:05 PM   #424
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by poleherbehr77 View Post
wait so this is working as intended?

if so why then was I was prompted previously with a window stating OK! and FAILED!
The "OK" "FAILED" will only show when there's WTF folder issues. If you can, get into combat with a target dummy and post a screenshot, then I'll know for sure if it's properly configured or not.

02-26-13, 09:15 PM   #425
poleherbehr77
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The "OK" "FAILED" will only show when there's WTF folder issues. If you can, get into combat with a target dummy and post a screenshot, then I'll know for sure if it's properly configured or not.

Im so sorry man for wasting yalls time with my nubbishness.... plz feel free to delete my 15 posts of tard moment. I guess the only question I have now is there way to make your hot bar stay permanently on the screen regardless of targeting/combat and is there a way to slide them down. other then that i appear perfect and everything I've been lookin for in a UI

02-26-13, 09:25 PM   #426
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by poleherbehr77 View Post
Im so sorry man for wasting yalls time with my nubbishness.... plz feel free to delete my 15 posts of tard moment. I guess the only question I have now is there way to make your hot bar stay permanently on the screen regardless of targeting/combat and is there a way to slide them down. other then that i appear perfect and everything I've been lookin for in a UI
Hehe, no probs

/bar > Bar 1/2/3 > Visibility tab > Untick 'Use Custom Condition'
/bar > Bar 1/2/3 > Positioning tab > Change Y Offset

02-26-13, 09:30 PM   #427
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Rofl I had this huuuuuuge install guide all typed up complete with pictures. Click preview and see you got it all figured out.

Anyway the "OKAY" and "FAILED" window pops up when RealUI failed to configure an addon. Addons correctly configured will have an OK next to them, addons RealUI couldn't detect will have a FAILED on them, meaning the addon and/or wtf file associated with them appears to be missing.

For example if it says "ArkInventory...FAILED" then check that you actually got ArkInventory installed (you can just download it via Curse Client if you want), then open your RealUI folder you downloaded, navigate to the WTF/ACCOUNTNAME/Saved Variables folder, select ArkInventory.lua, and copy it over to your account Saved Variables folder.

As for the action bars, on the lower right of your screen there is a layout switcher. You're set on the DPS/Tank layout by default, click DPS/Tank to switch to the Heal layout. This will drop your action bars down to the bottom of the screen and Grid will move up to their former location. Grid is only visible when you're in a group.

Type /bt4 and click on Bar 1. Click the Visibility tab, then scroll to the bottom to the custom conditionals tab. Uncheck Custom Conditionals.

The action bars are visible in combat, in a group, or while you're holding the ctrl key.

02-26-13, 09:35 PM   #428
poleherbehr77
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Jasmer View Post
Rofl I had this huuuuuuge install guide all typed up complete with pictures. Click preview and see you got it all figured out.

Anyway the "OKAY" and "FAILED" window pops up when RealUI failed to configure an addon. Addons correctly configured will have an OK next to them, addons RealUI couldn't detect will have a FAILED on them, meaning the addon and/or wtf file associated with them appears to be missing.

For example if it says "ArkInventory...FAILED" then check that you actually got ArkInventory installed (you can just download it via Curse Client if you want), then open your RealUI folder you downloaded, navigate to the WTF/ACCOUNTNAME/Saved Variables folder, select ArkInventory.lua, and copy it over to your account Saved Variables folder.

As for the action bars, on the lower right of your screen there is a layout switcher. You're set on the DPS/Tank layout by default, click DPS/Tank to switch to the Heal layout. This will drop your action bars down to the bottom of the screen and Grid will move up to their former location. Grid is only visible when you're in a group.

Type /bt4 and click on Bar 1. Click the Visibility tab, then scroll to the bottom to the custom conditionals tab. Uncheck Custom Conditionals.

The action bars are visible in combat, in a group, or while you're holding the ctrl key.

I'm so sorry man i wasted so much of your time. I srsly appreciate your time an all of your patients

02-26-13, 09:35 PM   #429
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Jasmer View Post

Thanks for all your help, Jasmer

02-26-13, 09:44 PM   #430
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

The UI is pretty low key until you're grouped or in combat.

Holy paladin:

Affliction warlock:

02-27-13, 03:24 PM   #431
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I played around with SpeechBubbles.lua and removed Border and Background. I also changed the font sizes a bit and here's what it looks like.

02-27-13, 03:53 PM   #432
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Anj View Post
I played around with SpeechBubbles.lua and removed Border and Background. I also changed the font sizes a bit and here's what it looks like.

You prefer transparent bubbles? Just worry that it might get hard to see in a hectic group environment.

Last edited by Nibelheim : 02-27-13 at 04:03 PM.

02-27-13, 05:12 PM   #433
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atbubbles.html

In the comments there's a discussion about leaving one of the textures in place so you can see who the chat bubble belongs to.

02-27-13, 09:26 PM   #434
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Got some sexy changes coming soon™

02-28-13, 12:11 AM   #435
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Big time dislike the transparent chat bubble. Reverted back to the normal ones. Big time - for that change. Nothing was wrong with them.

I know you can change them back easy with making them not transparent in the options but still it looks horrid by default.

02-28-13, 12:17 AM   #436
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Kkthnxbye™ View Post
Big time dislike the transparent chat bubble. Reverted back to the normal ones. Big time - for that change. Nothing was wrong with them.

I know you can change them back easy with making them not transparent in the options but still it looks horrid by default.
Yeah, I decided to leave them with their usual background and border in place. I did however add options to adjust the opacity.

Edit: Think I'll have to delay on the sexyness for a week or two, too much class tracking and other related modules under development atm.

Last edited by Nibelheim : 02-28-13 at 12:27 AM.

02-28-13, 01:42 AM   #437
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

You prefer transparent bubbles? Just worry that it might get hard to see in a hectic group environment.
Nib, Jasmer... I think the big difference here is the names of those who are talking. The default ones are just bubbles, no names -- so that other addon will be chaotic. Anyway, the names are "markers" for me to read who matters most AND also to see what the bubbles might be covering. (Of course, I can just turn off chat bubbles to remedy that...) If all that sounds confusing, quite simply yes, transparent chat bubbles stay for me.

Nib, I can do without sexy changes for a while. Lots of things are expected to explode™ next week... I'd love for RealUI core to survive that first.

02-28-13, 08:04 AM   #438
Belph69
A Defias Bandit

Loot window

Hope it aint a silly question ... but can't seem to get the loot/trade window to show on one of my toons

Tried to look in most of the settings but cant find it ? How can i resolve this ?

02-28-13, 08:51 AM   #439
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Belph69 View Post
Hope it aint a silly question ... but can't seem to get the loot/trade window to show on one of my toons

Tried to look in most of the settings but cant find it ? How can i resolve this ?
The window you get when you open trade with another player? Or the window when you loot a mob?

Originally Posted by Anj View Post
Nib, I can do without sexy changes for a while. Lots of things are expected to explode™ next week... I'd love for RealUI core to survive that first.
True. I should probably reduce the size of my next update and start getting prepared for 5.2.

02-28-13, 08:55 AM   #440
Belph69
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Belph69 View Post

The one when loot from mob (bottom right)

Last edited by Belph69 : 02-28-13 at 09:00 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI