10-08-13, 03:44 PM   #1
NightRaiven
Simple Bag/Bank Display

Hello everyone and good afternoon

I am looking for a simple bag/bank display that makes both of these into one window.

I do not need bagnon, or other similar addons with all the features and all that. All I need is a single window display.

If there is one I can not seem to find any help would be appreciated. Or if possible someone could whip one up for me??

I tried to do it myself but my LUA is like kindergarten level and I was unable to even remotely get anything figured out=(=(

A big thanks in advance for any help/information/code that anyone posts...
10-08-13, 05:20 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just use Bagnon. It's hardly bloated. If you don't need all the options, just ignore them, or disable the Bagnon_Config component so you won't even have options. Don't want to see other characters bags? Disable the BagBrother component. Don't want to modify the guildbank or voidstorage UIs? Disable those components. Don't want item counts in tooltips? Disable that component. etc.
10-08-13, 10:00 PM   #3
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

OneBag3 combined with OneBank3 by author Kaelten are both about as minimalist as you can get with this type of addon. He is actively maintaining both addons still just follow his page to wowace to find the latest builds.

That being said I agree with Phanx on the Bagnon not being bloated, but apparently its not what your looking for if you've already given it a try.
10-09-13, 04:10 AM   #4
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

You may also try DerpyStuffing and MonoBags from Mono UI.

One Bag addon without sorting option dosen't make sense to me. Do you want to spend your wow time sporting items manualy or searching for them in your bags?
10-09-13, 04:24 AM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
One Bag addon without sorting option dosen't make sense to me. Do you want to spend your wow time sporting items manualy or searching for them in your bags?
I've used Bagnon for years, and have never felt I was spending an inordinate amount of time on sorting. Once you put everything where you want it, it's not like it moves around and you have to keep rearranging. I have things I want to click in combat in the bottom left, other consumable/usable items in the bottom right, extra equipment above clickables (in a sensible order, because I don't like the gear manager for swapping individual items), and lots of empty space at the top that gets filled in with new stuff, most of which is automatically sold at vendors.

Every bag sorting addon I've seen either runs everything together in some weird arbitrary order, or splits up the UI into a bunch of separate boxes that waste screen space because they're all different sizes, or splits up the UI in a way that requires me to waste time clicking to switch between categories/views/whatever... either way I'm spending just as much time finding things as I am now, so I just don't see the point. I'd rather have a UI that shows me everything all at once in the same frame, never moves anything around on its own, and lets me choose exactly where everything is.
10-09-13, 06:20 AM   #6
humfras
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
User sorting >>> automatic sorting. 'Cause you know where your stuff is.

Totally agree with Phanx.
Most of the people I know who use a one-bag addon keep things organized in particular places in the frame.
I think it's the most natural way to order things in a static layout (like you would do with your room/shelves).

Everyone has to find the system that works best for them. trial and error
10-09-13, 09:36 AM   #7
NightRaiven
First off I would like to state I was not trying to imply that anything was bloated or whatever, so apologies if it sounded that way=/.

@Phanx-
I agree on the sorting. I lay out my bags and its g2g. things do not move=)

Bagnon with things not turned on is ok, I was just wondering if there was something simpler thats all

I looked at the other suggestions, and onebag/bank looked nice however I kind of like a one addon for both solution.

I will just keep using bagnon for now. I will try and fiddle with lua maybe by some miracle I can create something who knows...

THanks everyone for the replies=)
10-09-13, 10:41 AM   #8
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You could try AdiBags or Baggins, sadly does not have screen shots.
10-09-13, 08:46 PM   #9
jeruku
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Would Combuctor perhaps tickle your fancy?

The extra tabs/buttons can be disabled by disabling Combuctor_Sets. It, much like its sister Bagnon, uses BagBrother to remember the inventory across the profile but that's easily disabled as well.
12-08-13, 06:09 PM   #10
boombeef
A Kobold Labourer
Bagnon gave me problems so I started looking for something super simple and saw this post. However after mistakenly hitting the sort button on one of the above mentioned mods I tried; I am going ape-sh@t crazy putting things back where they used to be. Just wanted to share that for others that may be used to the order of items they had.
12-08-13, 07:34 PM   #11
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

use MonoBags there you can't mistakenly hitting the sort button...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Simple Bag/Bank Display