11-29-12, 10:08 PM   #1
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Quests not linking to chat properly

This has actually been an issue for me for some time (even before Rythal took over) but I never took the time to hunt down what was causing it. Apparently when I shift+click a quest from within the Carbonite quest window (not the tracker) into chat, it strips the link from it, so when I post it, it's just text. I have disabled Carbonite and opened the default quest window and linked, and it worked fine, I was able to click the quest and read about it. I then re-enabled Carbonite, and tried it again through it, no go. I opened the Blizz one (Alt+L) and linked, and it worked. I have searched through the options and have only found where I can remove the quest level and part number (which I have done), yet the quests are not clickable in chat. Where is the setting?

03-08-13, 12:11 AM   #2
Xanthide
A Defias Bandit
I have the exact same problem.. anyone knows how to fix this?

04-05-13, 01:23 PM   #3
fireattack
A Murloc Raider
In addition, if you use carbonite's quest tracker (shift+right click the circle botton before any quests) it has the same problem.

It has been the problem from last year and needs to be fixed plz.

04-05-13, 03:29 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Thanks for pointing out that previous thread... all my testing to try and reproduce it has always been in /say.

If you need to link before I can get it fixed, you can use the blizzard quest log (alt-l) and link from there.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quests not linking to chat properly