09-25-08, 03:34 PM   #1
coldviper18
A Kobold Labourer
Will WotLK mods work with current WoW?

I noticed a lot of mods are WotLK compatible. But do they work with the current live WoW?

Sorry for the noobness.
09-25-08, 03:37 PM   #2
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unless they are placed in the WotLK beta category they should be.
09-25-08, 03:56 PM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Aye, a lot of them are compatible with both. As p3lim said, if they are in a "live" category, they should work fine.
10-14-08, 01:49 AM   #4
dr_AllCOM3
A Cyclonian

I'll just ask here. How do I move my WotLK beta addon in a live category once 3.0 goes live?
10-14-08, 02:00 AM   #5
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
You have two options: Either contact a staff member (easiest place is in the IRC channel at irc.freenode.net #wowuidev) to have it moved or deleted (deleted generally because you have updated the live version). The category will be deleted sometime in the not-too-distant future.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
10-14-08, 02:02 AM   #6
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
I would like this clarified too, well not so much as how to "move" the addon, since for those of us that are using the WoWI SVN it's a simple task of checking in the changes to the proper project (for the rest, it should be as easy as packaging a proper zip). What I would like to know is what will happen to the WotLK Beta category once WoW 3.0.x goes live. Is there any reason for it to continue to exist, since we can have a let's say "Compatible with 3.0" tag on our addons instead or even "Compatible with WotLK". The only viable reason I can see, is Blizzard introducing some major changes in whatever is left of the beta and not on the future 3.0 live (which is a bit unlikely imo).

Edit : Shirik beat me to it, it seems. Thanks for the timely response.
10-14-08, 03:23 AM   #7
dr_AllCOM3
A Cyclonian

i guess i'll just create a new entry (if it can have the same name), since the beta section will get deleted/archived anyway in a month.
10-14-08, 10:11 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
We can just move it for you to the proper category.

edit: as I already mentioned last night in the site help forum, we will move the addons in the category to the proper categories or to outdated (if you updated your main download page with the wotlk version). We won't delete it unless you request it. Only the *category* will be deleted.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Will WotLK mods work with current WoW?