Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-18-11, 08:44 PM   #1
Sorkova
A Murloc Raider
nUI6 / Carbonite Minimap Error

I'm not sure if nUI6 is at the point were you want your users to send in add-on conflicts with other programs but I thought I would send one I found anyway. I installed the latest version of Carbonite v4.21 with your latest version of nUI v5.07.21_Plus and the problem does not occur but when the same Carbonite add-on is installed with nUI6 v6.04.02.00.01 Alpha I get the follow problem. When you first install Carbonite a window pops up that asks you if you want to integrate your nUI minimap into Carbonites minimap. After selecting yes the Carbonite minimap will consequently display with nUI's minimap frame inside of the Carbonite minimap. If you move the minimap to a different location the next time you run WOW the nUI frame will relocate, centering inself on Carbonite's minimap again. This does not cause any major problems other than having a good portion of the map harder to see and a small issue of the map direction arrow and quest exclamation point markers disappearing if you move the map to certain locations. I think I have checked every possible option in nUI and Carbonite to remove this but have been unsuccessful so far. Maybe someone else can find what has eluded me or maybe it is an actual program conflict. Like I said in the beginning...this only happens in nUI6 and works fine in nUI5. Attached is a screenshot that clearly shows the overlap.

Thanks,

Sorkova
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nUI6 - Carbonite Minimap Conflict.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	6342  

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » nUI6 / Carbonite Minimap Error