09-15-13, 01:56 AM   #1
mikenowo
An Aku'mai Servant
Minimap buttons has large gap in the middle

Recently on only ONE of my characters, the carbonite minimap button bar has a huge gap between a certain set of buttons. On all my other characters the buttons show fine consecutively but on this one a gap in the middle pushes the rest of the buttons down and off-screen (see attachment). What could possibly cause this for only one character? o.O
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carbonite button bar issue.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	444.5 KB
ID:	7824  

09-18-13, 11:24 AM   #2
mikenowo
An Aku'mai Servant
I downloaded and am now using the new beta version of Carbonite, but still have the same type of problem.. except now there are arrow icons in the middle of the button list that are pushing all the others offscreen (see new screenshot). Why are they there and how can I remove them >.<
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	button issue.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	415.9 KB
ID:	7830  

09-18-13, 12:39 PM   #3
Kreelor
A Firelord

I'm only guessing, since I have no technical knowledge as to how it's 'supposed' to work.

But, I looked at each of your 2 screenshots (repeatedly) and noticed that the number of 'arrows' being added to the list corresponds almost exactly to the same number of quests on your Quest Watch List (the ones with "white" lettering). Here's my guess. Maybe those arrows are indicators of the 'tracking' directions toward those quest locations?

Have you tried changing your quests settings so that NONE of them are being tracked?'. If the arrows disappear, then that might be an indicator of the problem, although it won't be a solution. Remember, I'm only guessing. Plus, I don't know if you have other addons running as well. If so, try disabling all of them except for Carbonite's addon. Good luck. I'm sure someone will have more expertise to offer you than my mere "guessing."

09-18-13, 02:50 PM   #4
mikenowo
An Aku'mai Servant
Well, the thing is that on some characters the buttons have ones MISSING at the bottom, not a space or arrows (see yet another screenshot) yet the previous two had either the giant space or arrows and I have the same settings for all of them :-/ .. why are some showing arrows or blank areas and others like this one, missing buttons <sigh>
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	buttons fine.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	335.7 KB
ID:	7831  

Last edited by mikenowo : 09-18-13 at 04:49 PM.

09-18-13, 04:48 PM   #5
mikenowo
An Aku'mai Servant
ANNND yet another character and the buttons are PERFECTLY fine (see yet another screenshot)!? I don't get why one character has a giant space, another has arrows, yet another has missing buttons and the 4th the buttons are correct. I'm using the same settings for all of them o.O Doh!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	buttons fine.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	363.0 KB
ID:	7833  

09-19-13, 02:12 AM   #6
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by mikenowo View Post
ANNND yet another character and the buttons are PERFECTLY fine (see yet another screenshot)!? I don't get why one character has a giant space, another has arrows, yet another has missing buttons and the 4th the buttons are correct. I'm using the same settings for all of them o.O Doh!
You aren't using the same settings for each of your characters.
I noticed that sometimes you are merging Blizzard's mini-map into Carbonite's map. This last screenshot of yours shows Blizzard's mini-map (the ROUND MAP in the upper-right corner) NOT merged, and at the same time you state that the 'buttons are PERFECTLY fine."

In one of your previous pictures there were arrows which you mentioned as 'buttons' in your vertical column of buttons when you had the mini-map merged. The buttons were outside the mini-map showing up in your column. But, in one of your other pictures, did you notice that those same arrows were contained within the round Blizzard mini-map, and not in your vertical column when the mini-map wasn't merged?

I don't know what those buttons are containing. But, if they are buttons related to spells, skills, prof's, or character-type specific things, then of course the buttons (and the number of button slots) will change when you change between characters of different types.

NOTE: You've used 4 different char's in your screenshots.

Are you using other addons, or not? If so, do any of them relate to "buttons?"

Last edited by Kreelor : 09-19-13 at 02:33 AM.

09-19-13, 11:10 AM   #7
mikenowo
An Aku'mai Servant
I use ALOT of other addons but they've never affected Carbonite's button list (and I don't see why they should now all of a sudden). I don't have any others that do anything to the minimap or map or buttons. In any event, you may be onto something re: the merging, but I still don't get why some buttons are missing, while others are pushed off screen, may still have to do with the merging of minimaps.

There USED to be an option to reset and load settings from another character (that might fix my issues if I could load from the character that has correct buttons) BUT in the beta I no longer see this reset option :-/

Do you know if it still exists and if so where it is now? I'm off to take a look thorugh the settings again to see if I can find it.

Last edited by mikenowo : 09-19-13 at 12:03 PM.

09-19-13, 03:41 PM   #8
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
unfortunately right now the option to reset doesn't exist.. the only way to do it is manually deleting the carbonite.lua file from your savedvariables folder.

I'm working on adding profiles/reset but it's being a pain in my rear... every second reload it keeps going back to saying i'm using 'Default' instead of whichever profile I created / am using and can't figure out why.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap buttons has large gap in the middle