11-29-12, 05:44 PM   #1
sizemorejk
A Kobold Labourer
Quests not in Database

Hello,
I have been having A LOT trouble, after getting to level 90, that every quest I pick up is not in the database. I am sorry if I should have posted this elsewhere.

I have also downloaded from the site twice and updated all of my ui at the same time.

I even took away all my mods but Carbonite and still none of the quests are showing up please help.

From what I know I have 5.057 version.

ty so much and God Bless,

Joey

11-29-12, 07:55 PM   #2
Qithe
A Murloc Raider
I encountered this myself. I'm curious how this gets updated to include new quests as they come out. Is it a manual addition by an author or is it automatically pulled from Wowhead or something?

11-29-12, 08:54 PM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
It's manual.

11-30-12, 05:45 PM   #4
Coasty
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
It's manual.
This has been a problem with Carb since, like, forever... The original authors, much earlier this year, did some work on adding missing quests to the database but that effort was, at best, haphazard and didn't last very long.

If I remember correctly, from earlier forum threads, I believe Rythal said he's planning on trying to automate this process but fixing/streamlining Carb (as in fixing what seems to be an original code massive jury rig involving codeid's) takes higher precedence over the quest database.

Just remembered, I think I saw in a thread yesterday that somebody is now working with Rythal to update the quest database and writing a utility to use Wowhead to bring/keep it up-to-date. No ETA though on the process. It's definitely coming, we just have to be patient.

11-30-12, 06:25 PM   #5
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
When you are talking about the quest database in Carbonite, what features are you talking about? The reason I ask is because I maintain the Grail quest database addon, and it has a lot of things that may be useful to people. The one thing I know it does not have, that Carbonite users have mentioned they want, is blobs where quest objectives can be found. I do not know how this differs from what the default Blizzard UI offers as I am not a Carbonite user. However, if there is information you specifically use I would like to know so I can make sure it is available in Grail.

11-30-12, 08:28 PM   #6
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Nimhfree View Post
When you are talking about the quest database in Carbonite, what features are you talking about? The reason I ask is because I maintain the Grail quest database addon, and it has a lot of things that may be useful to people. The one thing I know it does not have, that Carbonite users have mentioned they want, is blobs where quest objectives can be found. I do not know how this differs from what the default Blizzard UI offers as I am not a Carbonite user. However, if there is information you specifically use I would like to know so I can make sure it is available in Grail.
It doesn't differ at all between what blizzard offers and what carbonite did... however when carbonite had it's own it was possible to colour them different for each quest you are tracking, and show multiple at one time, so you knew 4 quests were in one blob area etc... we can't do that anymore using blizzards, it's blue and only blue.

12-01-12, 06:14 AM   #7
tabeecat
A Defias Bandit
i'm sorry rythal, i didn't quit grasp the implications of what you said. is what you are saying is that carbonite will not have the ability to have multicolored blobs? i don't see that ability now, but i was hoping it would be re-added because i did like that feature.

12-01-12, 08:14 AM   #8
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Are you sure you don't see multi-coloured blobs? Or do you just not see them for quests that aren't in the database? I'm leveling a lowbie, and while I haven't been online in the last couple of days, I'm pretty sure I've been seeing the multi-coloured blobs for the quests I'm doing in Dustwallow Marsh.

12-01-12, 10:27 AM   #9
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by tabeecat View Post
i'm sorry rythal, i didn't quit grasp the implications of what you said. is what you are saying is that carbonite will not have the ability to have multicolored blobs? i don't see that ability now, but i was hoping it would be re-added because i did like that feature.
Quests before pandaria have the multi-colour blobs and still do, I was refering to the difference between carbonites blobs and blizzards blobs as to why we want to have our own blob information instead of using blizzards quest API to draw them.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quests not in Database