01-11-10, 03:54 AM   #21
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's also worth mentioning that if you change the SavedVariables field in your TOC while WoW is running, it won't notice, and won't save your variable(s) even if you properly define them as globals in your code. Same goes for OptDeps and most other fields; you have to completely exit and restart WoW.
01-11-10, 03:56 AM   #22
Toeler
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
It's also worth mentioning that if you change the SavedVariables field in your TOC while WoW is running, it won't notice, and won't save your variable(s) even if you properly define them as globals in your code. Same goes for OptDeps and most other fields; you have to completely exit and restart WoW.
Funny, because I was trying to add another global to see if that would save and never closed wow and if I didn't declare it a local in the lua then it worked, but when i did it didn't. Thats how I got the idea to remove the local for the variable I needed
01-11-10, 04:00 AM   #23
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Toeler View Post
Funny, because I was trying to add another global to see if that would save and never closed wow and if I didn't declare it a local in the lua then it worked, but when i did it didn't. Thats how I got the idea to remove the local for the variable I needed
Maybe they've changed SavedVariables since the last time I spent hours wondering what I was doing wrong... I know OptDeps still doesn't update without a restart, at least.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Checking buffs periodically