10-25-12, 12:36 PM   #1
Sky Skunk
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite help

Hi, i dissabled carbonite with the quest thingie and i can't get it back. I tried to reinstal it and searched it in interface-addons but it isnt in there to activate it. All my characters have this problem. Please help me.

10-25-12, 01:07 PM   #2
S@thi
A Theradrim Guardian

Could you be a little bit more specific?
Are you sure the old carbonite folder / settings were deleted?
If so how did you delete them?

Thanks!

10-25-12, 01:15 PM   #3
Sky Skunk
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by S@thi View Post
Could you be a little bit more specific?
Are you sure the old carbonite folder / settings were deleted?
If so how did you delete them?

Thanks!
i had a quest where i needed to use an object and i could use the object only if i disabled carbonite.
i deleted it via curse client.

10-25-12, 01:27 PM   #4
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sky Skunk View Post
i had a quest where i needed to use an object and i could use the object only if i disabled carbonite.
i deleted it via curse client.
There was no need to delete it.... You could have just un-checked the addon when you was in the character select screen.. There is a button labeled "addons"

You now have to re-install the addon. This can be done via the curse client...

Also you could have just right clicked the item in your bag to use it...

10-25-12, 03:20 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I really hate to rub salt in the wound, but......

You also could have just hit "alt + L" (a default key bind when Carbonite is installed) to bring up the Blizzard quest log and used the item there.

When you deleted Carbonite through your Curse Client, there's a very good chance that you also deleted all of Carbonites saved variables, which means you're going to have to set it up all over again on all of your characters (if you have more than one).

Another alternative for using a quest related object would be the way I do it: I use Dominos for my action bars, and I keep one slot clear that I always use for quest related items. I also have that slot key bound to "shift S". Since I keep my Carbonite Quest Watch window (quest tracker) minimized unless I really need to look at something in it, it's a bit difficult to use those items from there. I don't know if that would work with the default action bars, but it should work with any action bar replacement addon.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

10-25-12, 06:57 PM   #6
Sgttuggle
A Murloc Raider
I am not sure if anyone still uses it but I use addon control panel found on curse or curse client and it allows you to turn on or off addons without loggin out. when ya turn it on or off it just requires reloading ui so no need to actually delete any addon ya wish to still use and it works for each individual toon i do believe.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite help