03-21-08, 09:27 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
2.4 AddOn Survival Guide

Given how much this patch is going to affect addons and understanding how frustrating it is for users having to check site after site trying to find updates of their favourite addons, we’ve added a new feature to try to help everyone out. We’ve made a list of the top 75 addons across all the major sites (WoWI, Curse, incgamers' and Ace) and put together a page to help. From this one page you can see whether any of these top 75 addons have had an update, a beta update or no update yet for 2.4. If an addon has an update or beta update available, there will be an icon (or icons) that provide a link to the download page for the addon on whichever sites it is available. We will continue to monitor these addons for a few days after 2.4 goes live and revise the page as more get updated, until the rush is over.

If you know of an addon on the list that has been updated and we haven’t refreshed it on the list, please feel free to get in touch with us. You can send a PM to a staff member on the site, join us in irc (irc://irc.freenode.net/WoWUIDev) or by sending me an email: [email protected]. Please be sure to include the link for the updated version.

Hopefully users will find this page helpful. Check it out here (or by clicking the icon above) and check back often to see if your favourite addons have been updated yet.

Last edited by Cairenn : 04-04-08 at 12:47 AM.
03-25-08, 11:52 AM   #2
eloora
A Fallenroot Satyr

That is a freakin awesome list...so many must-have addons all neatly described and linked! Fantastic job WOWI, and thanks a lot
03-25-08, 01:25 PM   #3
LittleWhiteDove
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Thumbs up

WOW Thanks for all the hard work to set this up. Fantastic effort to make things easier for us.
03-25-08, 02:26 PM   #4
robthedude
Don't Panic

Thats absolutely awesome! I was expecting an eye-bleeding headache-inducing list, but this is fantastic!

THANKYOU!

I really shoulda started downloading the 2.4 updates for most of my addons when they started coming out a couple of weeks ago... but too busy playing!

03-26-08, 03:39 PM   #5
Enoril
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thumbs up

WoW. Great job
Many thanks for this guide !
03-28-08, 04:59 PM   #6
aumelen
A Defias Bandit
This guide helped me out immensely in locating updates to most of the addons I use.

Thank you!

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » 2.4 AddOn Survival Guide