04-18-06, 01:24 PM   #1
ckknight
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
FuBar 1.0

1.0 is a big milestone. FuBar is now no longer beta.

Just so everyone knows, this does not mean new features will not be added or bugs won't be fixed, merely that the API is consistent for plugin developers. As long as I adhere to that, I'll be sure to add whatever needed features are requested.

Also, just like to let everyone know that there is now a FuBar subcategory in the Ace category:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...&sb=lastupdate
04-18-06, 01:41 PM   #2
Elkano
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thumbs up

Well, lets /dance and /cheer with you
It was a long way but worth taking
04-18-06, 02:17 PM   #3
BTShrump
A Cyclonian

Talking

FuBar for Prez!!!!

Time Spent in WOW:
3 hours a night to raid
2 hours a day to farm
300 hours a day to work on UI
>_<
04-18-06, 05:03 PM   #4
Thraxius
A Kobold Labourer
Love It

I love the mod so far. When you released 1.0 it killed 3 mods I use regularly.
I am waiting patiently for them to upgrade them to work with 1.0.

Good Job with everything.
04-20-06, 08:38 PM   #5
Auralei
A Cyclonian

I love this mod.....but I can't use it. I get huge amounts of lag with FuBar. Everytime I rearrange my addons and retry FuBar, I get so much combat and loot lag that I'm basically non funcitonal. Can anyone give me some suggestions for this? I've had to go back to Titan Panel and desperately miss my quests, GMT and BG info that FuBar has. Any advice would be appreciated.

My UI basically consists of a scaled down version of QT UI, with a few revisions such as CT_RaidAssist and Perl Classic. Titan runs with these fine, no lag, but FuBar does not.
04-20-06, 08:42 PM   #6
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

If you played after patch 1.10.1 don't blame it on FuBar, it's something bilzz has messed up.

If your from europe blame Telianet the have some probs at this thime with there Internet knots.

u can check the blizz site and see what will be fixed with the 1.10.2 patch.

Hopes this helps.
04-20-06, 09:03 PM   #7
Auralei
A Cyclonian

It does kind of. It lets me know it's not my addons that are doing it. and that's a relief.
04-20-06, 10:34 PM   #8
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

After much trial and tribulation, I think I've found a conflict between Discord Frame Modifier and Fubar that's been causing a bug that has been driving me crazy for the last couple weeks.

If you use DFM to position and lock a chatframe and you are running Fubar (no modules necessary), your chatframe tab will occasionally disappear, making it impossible to switch to that frame. This bug seems to also reliably happen when you zone.

The bug does not occur when Fubar is disabled, nor does it occur when Fubar is enabled and DFM is disabled. I've recreated the bug with only those two add-ons activated and related dependencies, so I think they're the only ones involved.

Btw, DFM's locking of the frame seems to be the starting point. If you don't lock the chat frame and simply use it to position the window, the bug does not occur. Unfortunately, the placement will be off when you zone, so it's not much of a workaround. And if the mechanism by which DFM locks the frame is more general, this conflict could occur elsewhere.

Does this make any sense?

EDIT: Actually the moving of the chat frames from the position set by DFM, which in my layout is at the bottom left of the screen, when zoning is also being done by Fubar. It moves the chat frames whether the "Adjust Frames" option is on or off. If I zone without Fubar, the frames will not move (this is with DFM locking off too).

Perhaps trying to move the chat frame when it's locked is what's causing the tab to disappear?

EDIT2: It's definitely the adjustment code. Removing DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME from the AdjustFrames_frames clears up the problem. For the record, my default chat frame is in the bottom left of the screen. I do not have a fubar bar on the bottom of my screen. It moved it about a 100 pixels or so upwards, which seems like an incorrect amount even if I did have a bar on the bottom.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 04-20-06 at 11:52 PM.
04-21-06, 01:19 AM   #9
Drathal
A Fallenroot Satyr
Hiya,

i also have a problem with Fubar 1.0.387. When i delete my WTF Folder and then only install Fubar with BagFu. The Chat Frames are moves to the TOPLEFT Screen. But im not able to move em because i cant see the Anchors. I also cant enable BagFu (or other plugins) because they dont Show in the rightclick Menu.

On my other Computer i have no Problems .. i think its because i never Deleted WTF there. So "only" a problem at first install.

Ciao
Drathal

PS: Keep up the good work. Fubar is GreatFu

PS2: I tested some more ... with all other Addons disabled everything works. So its a Problem with some other Addon. I will test that.

PS3: OK Found it. Its the new Version of ItemSync that caused that Problems.

Last edited by Drathal : 04-21-06 at 01:35 AM.
04-21-06, 04:53 AM   #10
glube
A Kobold Labourer
since updating to the latest fubar i cannot use it, i get the empty bars at the top and bottom as though its a fresh install with no modules, opening the menu to add modules refuses to list any at all, ive tried it with just 1 module and with loads ( yes its the latest version of the modules), pls help as i dont want to go back to titan bar

EDIT:

just read that its not fubar thats causing it but the latest version of itemsync, sorry about blameing you maybe you could talk to the developer of itemsync and work out whats incompatable between your 2 mods.

Last edited by glube : 04-21-06 at 05:05 AM.
04-21-06, 09:29 AM   #11
Shirk
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by glube
just read that its not fubar thats causing it but the latest version of itemsync, sorry about blameing you maybe you could talk to the developer of itemsync and work out whats incompatable between your 2 mods.
Yeah, it seems the AceHook.lua that comes with ItemSync is causing some problems with other Ace mods.
04-23-06, 04:54 PM   #12
Arathorn
A Murloc Raider
FuBar invisible

Hiho,

as I was somehow unable to find a suitable forum for help requests, I post my problem here. If you know a better place to go, please feel free to redirect me. :-)

My problem is quite simple at first glance but seems to be too difficult for me to solve: FuBar is invisible. It is not on my screen where I expect it to be (at the top?), and I found no possibility to configure anything. FuBar itself is loaded (Ace tells me). When I newly installed FuBar I amply threw a bunch of FuBar modules into my Addons folder, the "Starter Pack" being among these. First I suggested that one of them would cause the error, but even with only one (MoneyFu) being loaded, FuBar doesn't show up. I also tried deleting all FuBar files in SavedVariables and restarting the game, but that didn't help either.

Any hint how to switch off this newly discovered "invisibility feature" is greatly appreciated. ;-)

TIA for your help.

Greets, Ara*
04-25-06, 02:01 AM   #13
Arathorn
A Murloc Raider
Hiho again,

good news: the problem is solved. I did some testing like switching addons off and on, but only logging in with a different char achieved success. It went like *DING* and "Aahhhh", when a popup appeared telling me my version of Ace was too old. I updated it from 1.2.5 to 1.3.0 and, well, here we go - simple as that. Alas, I can't tell you why that error message didn't appear on the other char's screen. Not sure, but perhaps it has to do with the addon redirecting the standard error messages to ChatFrame1 and thus removing the annoying boxes one had to confirm manually?

Well, all that remains to be said is: THANKS for this absolutely _great_ addon. Especially to be able to simply drag around all those plugins, even across panels, is soooo sweet! Could kiss you for that! :-))

Thanks again & HAND,
Ara*

P.S.: If you don't mind, I will try to provide you with some German localization for your plugins.
04-26-06, 05:30 PM   #14
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Boss - thanks for the mod! One problem I'm having though - HonorFu, about 3 versions ago, in a BG, would open a minimap of the BG just fine, automatically. However, now it doesn't anymore. I've unchecked and rechecked the setting that does this, but it doesn't help. Any ideas?

Marth

04-26-06, 08:36 PM   #15
Ardsagart
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
With the latest 1.1.x versions of FuBar, the font/spacing/transparency are included in the bar mod itself.

Does that mean we can safely delete the seperate font/spacing/transparency mods from the addons directory ?
04-29-06, 10:09 AM   #16
Adahma
A Murloc Raider
Yes, somewhere else (not sure where) I saw Boss indicate that those folders could go away. I've removed mine and everything is fine.

Adahma
05-06-06, 02:42 AM   #17
Shumee
A Defias Bandit
Hey,

I have somehow a strange problem with Fubar addone. It doesn't update until i type in /console reloadui. After reloading the whole UI fubar seams to start functioning normally (eg. ExperienceFu actually show correct number, same as DurabilityFu and so on).

On a different character beside this problem, fubar also doesn't remember which addons i set for this profile. So i need to reload the default one and then load character specific one again to get them. Somehow strange.

I'll try and play around with disabling other addons, though i don't use much beside CTmod addons.

Keep up the good work!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » FuBar 1.0