07-19-11, 05:24 PM   #1
Lobotomy Jack
A Defias Bandit
Transparency control for World Map w/ [no]mouseover

Leveling up some toons I have touched since BC and figured I'd try Carbonite -- like it a lot, very well done. Just one tweak I couldn't find an option for: I'd like the world map to remain at full visibility (i.e. no transparency) even when it's not moused over (I play dual monitors).

Normally I'd just dive into the lua and fix something like this there but uh....that's some dense lua code

Anyone know if there is an option I'm missing, or maybe where to go in the lua for this?

thanks

07-19-11, 08:34 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Open Carbonites maximized (world) map (by default, press "M") and right click a non-icon area of the map. In the menu that opens, click on "Transparency". In the next menu, make sure the ""Fade in transparency" and "Fade out transparency" are both set to "(1.00)". That will make your map not fade when the mouse is not on it.

I highly suggest you go to your "Path To Your WoW Folder\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\" folder and locate the "CarboniteReadMe" plain text file there. Please read through it. It will explain quite a bit about what Carbonite does and how to set it up. Unfortunately, that file seems to still be one of Carbonites "best kept secrets".

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-20-11 at 08:47 AM.

07-20-11, 03:29 PM   #3
Lobotomy Jack
A Defias Bandit
Thanks!

It still doesn't quite stay at the full visibility as when I mouse over it, but it does stay visible enough where the various bag and info frames underneath don't interfere, so it's good enough.

Cheers

EDIT: RTFM, great idea

07-20-11, 06:00 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Lobotomy Jack View Post
Thanks!

It still doesn't quite stay at the full visibility as when I mouse over it, but it does stay visible enough where the various bag and info frames underneath don't interfere, so it's good enough.

Cheers

EDIT: RTFM, great idea
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Something else you might try:

Please make sure to right click on the map, not the map frame. The map and frame have separate transparency options, and one does not effect the other. On a side note: If your map is locked in place, you won't get a right click menu from the frame.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Transparency control for World Map w/ [no]mouseover