09-26-09, 06:57 AM   #1
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Just the carbonite quest log

Isn't it possible to see JUST the carbonite questlog without it opening the default quest log as well?

09-27-09, 03:59 PM   #2
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Ok, in that case I'd like to request that as a feature for the future

09-28-09, 02:01 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Spahut View Post
Isn't it possible to see JUST the carbonite questlog without it opening the default quest log as well?
I think there might be another addon interfering with Carbonite. The default behavior of the Carbonite quest log is to show one or the other depending on how you have your quest log options set, but not both at the same time.

09-29-09, 07:00 AM   #4
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Interesting.
And annoying, you'd think they could hook cleanly.

Oh well, gotta do some checking then - its always such a bother

09-29-09, 07:58 AM   #5
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Btw, if the Carbonite people are reading:

Would I be right in assuming that the standard behavior on alt-L is to open the blizzard quest frame and then resize it so its really really small so that people might not generally see it?

Because I'm using addons to scale all frames larger (hard to read otherwise), and they won't let you scale the questframe small, hence it remains on top of your quest window.

And if i run with just carbonite and a frame resizer, I get both - with blizzards on top of yours...

Last edited by Spahut : 09-29-09 at 08:01 AM.

09-29-09, 06:38 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Spahut View Post
Btw, if the Carbonite people are reading:

Would I be right in assuming that the standard behavior on alt-L is to open the blizzard quest frame and then resize it so its really really small so that people might not generally see it?

Because I'm using addons to scale all frames larger (hard to read otherwise), and they won't let you scale the questframe small, hence it remains on top of your quest window.

And if i run with just carbonite and a frame resizer, I get both - with blizzards on top of yours...
The first part of your post would definitely be a No. Carbonite does not (as far as I know) allow you to re-size anything except Carbonite windows.

Obviously, if you get both quest logs when you have your frame re-sizer enabled, but not when you have it disabled, that's what is interfering with Carbonite's normal operation. I don't know what addon you are using to re-size your frames, but I would either try disabling it unless you need to re-size a frame, or try another frame re-sizing addon.

Just my opinion. Sorry.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-29-09 at 06:42 PM.

09-29-09, 08:04 PM   #7
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
The first part of your post would definitely be a No. Carbonite does not (as far as I know) allow you to re-size anything except Carbonite windows.
I didn't say "allow" - it could be a quick hack to get the frame out of teh way, and most wouldn't be the wiser.

Obviously, if you get both quest logs when you have your frame re-sizer enabled, but not when you have it disabled, that's what is interfering with Carbonite's normal operation.
It too is doing its normal operation, namely setting the quest frame to the correct size when something opens it.

I don't know what addon you are using to re-size your frames,
Moveit. They seem to be few and far between and badly updated.

but I would either try disabling it unless you need to re-size a frame, or try another frame re-sizing addon.

Just my opinion. Sorry.
Why the hell do you think i have a frame resizer in the first place!! That's like those stupid piece of crap programs which tells you they can't run unless you change windows to a smaller font size! Why the hell do those people think we change it in the first place!

I need a frame resizing addon is because the idiots at blizzard refuses to implement it in the standard interface.

09-30-09, 05:56 PM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I didn't say "allow" - it could be a quick hack to get the frame out of teh way, and most wouldn't be the wiser.
No, you did not say "allow". However, I feel the way your post was worded was implying you could re-size the default quest log window using Carbonite's feature for re-sizing it's own (Carbonites) windows. This you cannot do.

It too is doing its normal operation, namely setting the quest frame to the correct size when something opens it.
Understood. But, for some reason (at least in this case) they don't "play well together". And, I will assume you are talking about the default quest log frame here since you can make the Carbonite quest log virtually any size you wish.

Moveit. They seem to be few and far between and badly updated.
Agreed, but perhaps you might try another to find one that does "play well" with Carbonite. I don't use anything to re-size the default frames, but I do use "FloatingFrames" to move some of them around.

Why the hell do you think i have a frame resizer in the first place!! That's like those stupid piece of crap programs which tells you they can't run unless you change windows to a smaller font size! Why the hell do those people think we change it in the first place!
Ok. Please allow me to say this, though: It seems as though a lot of addons have an option to re-size the text they use. I really don't understand why you can't set the text size in the whole danged WoW application.

I need a frame resizing addon is because the idiots at blizzard refuses to implement it in the standard interface.
Agreed. They seem to have "tunnel vision" where their "baby" is concerned. They seem to be slowly (glacially slowly) implementing ideas that addon authors have been making since (apparently) the game was released.

My intention was not to anger you, but to try to help you with the problem you posted with the limited amount of knowledge at my disposal (my problem). I only gave my opinion, and, as I'm sure you have heard: Opinions are like............ Well, everybody has one.

09-30-09, 06:52 PM   #9
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
No, you did not say "allow". However, I feel the way your post was worded was implying you could re-size the default quest log window using Carbonite's feature for re-sizing it's own (Carbonites) windows. This you cannot do.
I see. When I wrote "and they won't let you scale the questframe small," "you" refers to the Carbonite programmers. They are not allowed to scale a frame I have overridden the size of.

Agreed, but perhaps you might try another to find one that does "play well" with Carbonite.
Until a Carbonite programmer tells me otherwise, I think they do open the frame, in which case the addon does what it is supposed to. All other useable addons of this kind would do the same. And since the carbonite source is full of references to QuestLogFrame" they clearly fiddle with it - though because of the programmers obfuscation of the source code it is difficult to see what they do, and I don't plan on deobfuscating it.

Ok. Please allow me to say this, though: It seems as though a lot of addons have an option to re-size the text they use. I really don't understand why you can't set the text size in the whole danged WoW application.
Neither do I. Especially since internal API seems to support it.

My intention was not to anger you, but to try to help you with the problem you posted with the limited amount of knowledge at my disposal (my problem). I only gave my opinion, and, as I'm sure you have heard: Opinions are like............ Well, everybody has one.
[/quote]

Yeah well, thanks.

09-30-09, 07:33 PM   #10
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I downloaded Moveit, just to see if I could replicate the problem. For me, this didn't happen. Not with Carbonite. The firsttime around. It did, however, interfere with TipTac for me.

At first, I couldn't figure out how to re-size frames with it and couldn't replicate your problem. I exited the game, and after checking out the MoveIt page on Curse, felt like an idiot since it was right there on the "Edit" menu all along. After going back on WoW, and re-sizing the default quest log, I still didn't have your problem. Then I put the default quest log back to default size, and VIOLA', the problem appeared. It didn't matter what I did, I could NOT separate the default and Carbonite quest logs. They opened at the same time. The only way I could solve the problem was to disable MoveIt. Alternately, I suppose I could have disabled Carbonite, but that's not an option I chose to use. On the "bright side" (for me), it didn't interfere with TipTac the second time around.

I didn't doubt you had the problem, I just wanted to see if I could replicate it and, maybe, figure out a cure. Well, I can replicate it, but have no idea how to put a stop to it other than what I posted earlier. Hopefully someone will come up with a better solution for you.

10-02-09, 10:15 AM   #11
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Thanks for trying.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Just the carbonite quest log