01-18-11, 12:25 AM   #61
ChrisJSY
A Kobold Labourer
Latest update added new herbalism nodes to tirisfal glades, which was not there before, great! So I decide to level Herbalism from 0.

However, I cannot route, even though the map shows all the nodes, I've used routing for months before this with no issue for mining but it doesn't seem to want to route to the nodes it can see.

It only seems to route to nodes I have actually collected from.

Edit: Nevermind, I had to leave and enter the zone again, for some reason.

Last edited by ChrisJSY : 01-18-11 at 12:59 AM.

01-29-11, 08:51 AM   #62
Duchess
An Aku'mai Servant
When I logged in tonite the larger map in the upper right corner had the big herb images all over it. I finally got them to go away, but now i don't have the smaller map that sits inside this one that has the small gold dots on it to show where herbs are. Can anyone tell me how to get this smaller map back and have it show the small blinking dots on it where herbs are?

Thanks

01-30-11, 12:14 PM   #63
Garonne
A Fallenroot Satyr
Route current goto Targets...

Why does "Route" -> "Current Goto Targets" always add the closest target point to the start AND end of the route? I don't see any reason why it's added to the end of the route... At least if looping is disabled...

Could you please check this or make it configurable, please?

01-31-11, 07:54 AM   #64
Zohh
A Defias Bandit
This may have been covered, but I am not getting the flashing yellow dot showing me that a mine is able to be gathered. I have gone into the options screen and made sure the notification was selected, and that the dot size was set to 4 the flash delay is 0.2. why isnt it showing up? I have gone as far as unistalling the addon and re installing it. The reinstall was infact a new download thinking it was possible that it was corrupt when i installed it the first time. Unlikely but I figure what the hey. Thanks for any help you can provide.

02-01-11, 02:21 AM   #65
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Are you tracking herbs via Blizzard's tracking function (the minimap button that looks like a magnifying glass)?

02-01-11, 08:34 AM   #66
Zohh
A Defias Bandit
Thanks, I knew it was something simple, pretty much boils down to me being retarded. Haha thank you again.

02-01-11, 10:22 AM   #67
Duchess
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Are you tracking herbs via Blizzard's tracking function (the minimap button that looks like a magnifying glass)?
If you were talking to me because I was asking about herbs and not mining, then yes, I do have the track herbs feature checked in Blizzard's interface.

Thanks

02-03-11, 08:11 PM   #68
gouza
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
If you were talking to me because I was asking about herbs and not mining, then yes, I do have the track herbs feature checked in Blizzard's interface.

Thanks
I was in the same troubble... But i turned off carbonite addon and re-rechecked blizzard tracking function and wow!!. it was disabled ^__^.

Now it works okay

Thanks.

03-26-11, 11:49 AM   #69
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Then you click the Guide button on your Carbonite map
Where or what is the "guide" button? There is no button labeled guide on my man (in fact there are no buttons on the map)

03-26-11, 12:03 PM   #70
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Spahut View Post
Where or what is the "guide" button? There is no button labeled guide on my man (in fact there are no buttons on the map)
While hovering your mouse over the Carbonite map, seven buttons appear in the bottom-right corner of the map. These are, in order from left to right:

Zoom In (plus sign) - zooms in the Carbonite map.
Zoom Out (minus sign) - zooms out the Carbonite map.
-Favorites- (torch) - opens the Favorites window.
-Guide- (question mark) - opens the Guide selection.
-Warehouse- (chest) - opens the Warehouse window.
-Combat- (crossed blades) - opens the Carbonite combat log.
-Events- (yellow paper) - opens the Carbonite event log.

Thus the Guide button would be the one in the very middle of the row of buttons; fourth from the left, or fourth from the right.

03-26-11, 12:08 PM   #71
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
While hovering your mouse over the Carbonite map, seven buttons appear in the bottom-right corner of the map. These are, in order from left to right:
Actually they don't (hence the "no buttons on the map") because i disabled that years ago
However you can bind a key to the guide window, so that's good.

Thanks

04-02-11, 12:15 PM   #72
Othgar
"That" Guy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ok so I've been using Carbonite for a long time but I just started using the Rounting function, and I love it. All but one little detail....is there a way to get rid of or move the "goto reached" text that pops up when you get to a node? It doesn't print to MSBT or the blizz floating combat text that I can see, and I can't find an option for it in Carbonite. Any ideas?

04-05-11, 11:18 AM   #73
Joshatdot
A Kobold Labourer

How can I route only one or a few nodes? I only want some herbs or minerals.

That's fairly easy as well. You begin by deselecting both mining and herbalism locations in the Show... menu we talked about earlier. Then you click the Guide button on your Carbonite map, go to Gather, select if you want herbs or minerals, and then pick the one you're looking for. OBSERVE, you need to click on the icon, clicking the text won't work. If you look on your map, icons for that herb or mineral alone will pop up. You can hold the SHIFT button and click more icons if you want to include them.
((--Image yet to come--))

After that, you right click the map, select Route... and Current Gather Locations. Viola.
I did this, and when I reach the 1st node, the little icons disappear from map/radar. Is this normal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ3gZb1u93o&hd=1

Last edited by Joshatdot : 04-05-11 at 12:15 PM.

04-05-11, 11:47 PM   #74
Jigain
A Molten Giant

That's what happens if you don't right click the map and select the Route function after you've used the Guide. If you retry and make sure to Route, I'm sure you'll find it handles just the way it should.

04-30-11, 07:02 AM   #75
mabramstank
A Defias Bandit
I am having the same issue with the mining nodes not showing the yellow dot... The map is showing the mining nodes, but when I get close up to them I am not getting the flashing yellow dot! Yes I do have the Find Min checked in the Blizz UI. I can disable the carbonite and it shows the yellow dot. Have reinstall carbonite cleared the wtf folder not sure what else I can do to get this resolved..

Plz help

06-22-11, 11:09 PM   #76
Mishii
A Murloc Raider
Question: I have Gatherer, which shows the Herb/Ore/treasure nodes on Carbonite's map. When I use the routing/show functions, another overlay is added on top of those from Carbonite's nodes. I've noticed differences in locations, some are missing, some are showing different areas that Gatherer is not...

Will Carbonite's nodes auto-update themselves if I find a node that was not previously shown by Carbonite's nodes?

also, how can I change the size of Carbonites Nodes? They're currently VERY tiny. D:

Last edited by Mishii : 06-22-11 at 11:26 PM.

08-21-11, 02:08 AM   #77
aurora0809
A Murloc Raider
Mysterious Camel FIgurine

Is there any way to incorporate a Route for Mysterious Camel Figurines from the Wowhead/thottbot.com maps?This would be really nice!

08-21-11, 06:58 AM   #78
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Take a look at the sticky on "Favorites", a little down from this thread.

09-24-11, 09:56 AM   #79
cavelupum
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by mabramstank View Post
I am having the same issue with the mining nodes not showing the yellow dot... The map is showing the mining nodes, but when I get close up to them I am not getting the flashing yellow dot! Yes I do have the Find Min checked in the Blizz UI. I can disable the carbonite and it shows the yellow dot. Have reinstall carbonite cleared the wtf folder not sure what else I can do to get this resolved..

Plz help
Curious, but i have seen this same question several times, that is, problems with the flashing yellow dot when you approach the nodes. Never found a satisfatory answer. In my case, even if my char is beside the node, the flashing dot disapears when I zoom in or zoom out the minimap. That is, it appears only at a certain level of zoom and not at any other zoom level.

And I cannot see the flashing dot any more in the big map, that is, in the map that jumps on the screen when you press "M", even if I could do it some time ago and even if I can see the node icons in the map. They just do not flash anymore when i am close in the map, although i can see the nodes flashing in the minimap, but only at a fixed zoom level.

Can i correct this?

11-18-11, 10:49 AM   #80
Tyrang
A Kobold Labourer
This is an easy fix, carbonite has gotten lost: I have fixed this for a hundred folks in the game. This is how you get it to work again. it works every time!

1, Open carbonite options window.
2, Go to Reset.
3, Click on reset "Global and Quest Options".
4, Reload UI.
5, Open carbonite options window again.
6, Go to mini-map
7, Click boxes for 'Move mini-map into carbonite' & "Move buttons." (it will reset again)
8, Right click on mini-map, click on show, click box for mining nodes or herds or both if you want.
9 If you do not have node loaded, go to guide.
10 import from carobite.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Nodes, Routing, and You