07-05-13, 03:26 PM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

Merged minimap is solid black indoors

Reference: A previous post by Rythal
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...84&postcount=2

After spending hours trying to figure out how to configure the latest BETA-530a1r2, I ran across this problem. I searched the forum to see if it has been fixed yet, but found only the comment from Rythal (above).

When I'm indoors, my (rectangular) minimap is solid black. I don't see any way to apply transparency to it.

And, while I'm on the subject of the merged minimap, is there some way to 'equalize' the scaling of all icons, POI's, etc.? The icons within the merged minimap are miniscule compared to the ones on the expanded carbonite frame.

And, I also noticed a bug.
When turning on the "Kill" icons, they are drastically oversized and cannot be scaled individually. I don't know if those are considered "Points of Interest (POI's)", or not? Lots to learn, but I'm having some success and lots of fun with the latest BETA.

07-06-13, 08:50 AM   #2
dhjohn
A Fallenroot Satyr
If you want all the carb icons to stay the same size no matter how much you zoom in/out, set "Icon Scale Min" to "-1".

On the solid black issue, you have two options:
1) In "Minimap Options" select "Dock the minimap indoors"
or
2) Right-click the carb map, select "Minimap..." and slide the "Transparency" slide all the way down, or all the way up. There are certain areas bliz won't left the minimap be simi-transparent, and it becomes solid black if carb tries.

I'm not sure what you mean about "kill" icons. Could you elaborate on them some?

07-06-13, 02:12 PM   #3
Kreelor
A Firelord

Thanks, dhjohn, for your suggestions.

Since my last post, I've had to un-merge the mini map from my Carbonite map(s). It was just too troublesome for me. I could never find anything! ha ha. The POI's and other icons were so absurdly small they couldn't be seen. And, with that mini map turning black on me, I am now working without it being merged. I do appreciate your suggestion and I may try again in the future.

About the "Kill" icons:
Right-clicking on an open area on your map, a dialog pops up. Choose "Show", and the option for the Kill icons is at the bottom of the list . See my image. Thanks for replying to me!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kill_icons.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	616.1 KB
ID:	7796  

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Merged minimap is solid black indoors