12-28-09, 11:57 PM   #1
Xaedyn
A Murloc Raider
nUI Unit Tooltip Removal or Editing

I'm very particular about my tooltips, and I personally dislike the look of the unit tooltips handled by nUI. Is there a way I can completely stop nUI from making any tooltip changes so that I might use another addon to display and/or move them? If not, is there a way I can edit the nUI tooltips to display colors and data in a form I choose?

Thanks for your hard work on such a great UI. The amount this thing can do while being so lightweight is staggering.

12-29-09, 12:05 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't think there is. I looked in the layout folder and the slash commands but nothing there tells it to not display or to display certain information. Perhaps Scott will be able to shed any light on possible changes in version 6.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

12-29-09, 12:39 AM   #3
Xaedyn
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
I don't think there is. I looked in the layout folder and the slash commands but nothing there tells it to not display or to display certain information. Perhaps Scott will be able to shed any light on possible changes in version 6.
Thanks for the reply, Xrystal. I'll make due for now. I just started using the addon a few hours ago, and I'm finally getting everything just like I like it.

Loving this thing!

12-29-09, 12:44 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
If you haven't already might I suggest you try nUI on its own or at best with just your raiding addons. Play around with it a bit and see whats missing that you often use. Add that addon back. You may find that nUI does what alot of your addons already do.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

12-29-09, 02:08 AM   #5
Xaedyn
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
If you haven't already might I suggest you try nUI on its own or at best with just your raiding addons. Play around with it a bit and see whats missing that you often use. Add that addon back. You may find that nUI does what alot of your addons already do.
Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing.

12-29-09, 04:36 PM   #6
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Most tooltip add-ons should work with nui. I myself use tip tac, the only two issues if you can call them that, that I know of:
1. Tip tac talents module(or any other talent info mod for that matter) conflict with nui's talent inspection, there are a few threads floating around on it but basically untill blizzard fixes it you can't have two mods calling for talents or you get conflicting information. Easy fix disable the tip tac talent module at character select screen.
2. To have tip tac position the tooltips you must set nui tooltips to default. I believe the command is /nui tooltip default.
Other than that you should be good to go enjoy!

12-29-09, 04:40 PM   #7
Akryn
A Firelord
untill blizzard fixes it you can't have two mods calling for talents or you get conflicting information.
This is incorrect and people should stop repeating it.

12-29-09, 04:44 PM   #8
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Ok just going by what I've read and if I'm not mistaken I believe Scott has spoken to someone at Blizzard about the issue. Either way for now wither it's Blizzards fault or not You'd be better served to not run a talent inspection mod alongside nui which was the point of my statement.

12-29-09, 04:57 PM   #9
Akryn
A Firelord
Originally Posted by neuralassassin View Post
Ok just going by what I've read and if I'm not mistaken I believe Scott has spoken to someone at Blizzard about the issue. Either way for now wither it's Blizzards fault or not You'd be better served to not run a talent inspection mod alongside nui which was the point of my statement.
I should clarify: what I mean is it's possible to work around the Bliz limitation already, without them fixing it. Just trying to clear up a misunderstanding that seems to be fairly common (understandably, and ultimately it is due to Bliz's poorly designed talent querying system).

My point is: I personally use nUI, and would hate to stop using it; but I also don't care about its talent scanning. Therefore I (used to, before I stopped playing much) have no problem using several other addons that do talent scans for things that I found useful. They break nUI, but they themselves are written to work around the Bliz problem, and therefore work fine. There's no reason not to use multiple talent scanning addons as long as the ones you want to work do, that's what I meant.

12-31-09, 12:11 AM   #10
spiel2001
nUI's Author

There is a workaround for the talent inspection thing, as pointed out, and that will be present in nUI6.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI Unit Tooltip Removal or Editing