10-07-05, 07:10 PM   #1
elsewhere
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Old Idea/New Mod:EW_MouseTarget

Find your target in a sea of friendlies
The idea behind this mod was not my own, but it seems no one has ever posted it
All it does is give you another binding in the game menu, to set a toggle to capture a hostile target by mousing over them. Why?
have you ever tried to target in the BG's only to keep clicking on a friendly unit cause it so crowded? Well, no more. press the key or mouse button you bound to toggle the mod and move your mouse where your soon to be target is. Poof, action achieved

If there are multiple hostiles and you grabbed the wrong one, press the key again to re-queue the mod for targeting

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4235
10-09-05, 01:29 AM   #2
Jondice
A Murloc Raider
This seems to be pretty cool, however, as a healer I'd also like to be able to toggle between selecting friendly and enemy targets automatically. This would be awesome since a lot of the times I'll be wanting to heal people and end up clicking on an enemy target.

One other possible suggestion is that if there are several targets within a certain distance of your cursor, select the one with lowest health (this would be useful for both healing and for selecting enemies that are about to die).
10-11-05, 10:12 AM   #3
Klepto Biz
A Murloc Raider
Couple things, one to select certian people to heal, if they are in your party click on their face in the party menu and that will automaticly select them and you dont have to try and find them in a mess of people. And two not that im trying to rag on this mod but if you press Tab that cycles through the closest enemy targets already, and if you were trying to find the one with the lowest health you would just have to hit the Tab button a few more times depending on how many enemies you are fighting.

~Klepto~
10-11-05, 10:23 AM   #4
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not all people you plan to heal are in group. Especially in BGs which I've sworn off ever healing in again. (Some psychotronic mind control effects are at work in WSG: the more a person needs healed the faster they'll try to distance themself from a healer)

Also, TargetNearestEnemy's (TAB) distance is very small. TargetUnit("mouseover") distance is quite immense with no facing restriction.

I don't use the mod but it appears lightweight and could have great value for some.
10-12-05, 09:12 AM   #5
Klepto Biz
A Murloc Raider
Well thats why i said, "if your in a party" lol i do relize your not always healing people in your party which is why i said if.

And as for the Tab range normally you have to be that close anyways to attack, so whats the point from locking on from a really long ways away when you cannot attack. Like im a hunter and the tab range is as far away as my gun range.

~Klepto~

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Old Idea/New Mod:EW_MouseTarget