09-23-05, 08:35 PM   #1
Nahkohe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Better / updated Quest History Addon

An addon that I've been looking for is one that can scan your character and create a list of all completed quests (if possible). Also similar to Quest addons like Quest History it would log new quests as found and also remember declined / abandoned quests so that I wouldn't have need of pen and paper.

Some addons do go part way but haven't been updated in a long time and are bug ridden

Any feel up to the challenge ?

Nahkohe
09-24-05, 02:12 AM   #2
DSanai
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Nahkohe
An addon that I've been looking for is one that can scan your character and create a list of all completed quests (if possible). Also similar to Quest addons like Quest History it would log new quests as found and also remember declined / abandoned quests so that I wouldn't have need of pen and paper.

Some addons do go part way but haven't been updated in a long time and are bug ridden

Any feel up to the challenge ?
I've updated QuestHistory, you can get it from the Emerald-UI (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4181).

No mod can build a list of all completed quests; they only work on quests taken or completed since you installed the mod. The server doesn't supply that information in any client-readable fashion, I'm afraid.
09-24-05, 06:52 AM   #3
Nahkohe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
QuestHistory in Emerald UI

Thanks - I actually tried your updated one without success - however what I didn't do is run without the addon loaded to clear the history; I kept getting nil errors and duplicates and the repair didn't work. I'll try again with a blank slate.

Nahkohe
09-24-05, 09:35 PM   #4
Nahkohe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
QuestHistory Addon in Emerald UI

DSanai:
I tried the version of QuestHistory you fixed in your EmeraldUI compilation and I no longer get nil errors but still get duplicate 'Unknown Entity' Quests. Is there a way to fix this ?

Thanks

Nahkohe
09-24-05, 10:00 PM   #5
DSanai
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Nahkohe
DSanai:
I tried the version of QuestHistory you fixed in your EmeraldUI compilation and I no longer get nil errors but still get duplicate 'Unknown Entity' Quests. Is there a way to fix this ?
I haven't encountered this bug, but if you can tell me which quest, I'll see if I have an alt of the right level to try it, and see if it bugs out on me too.

At least your nil errors are gone, that's good news.
10-11-05, 05:36 AM   #6
cgbalor
A Defias Bandit
An other question

I find it very nice that this addon has been updated.

I have an other question for this addon.

I get each page in a quest (the quest given and the finale commens/rewards) as more entries in the quest history log. Is it my configuration that wrong or are these pages not grouped together? Now I have to edit the log every time I have completed a quest.
10-14-05, 08:05 PM   #7
Nahkohe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Great Job

DSanai:
Great job fixing this addon - I've been using it for a week or so without a problem.
10-21-05, 11:31 AM   #8
Sethiel
A Defias Bandit

QuestHistory Problem

DSanai:

Love that you've updated this mod. One of my favorites (helps me help my guildies with their quests if I've done it and they haven't!)

However, I have an annoying problem. About 50 percent of the time when I get a quest (even more often if it's a new quest given automatically after I completed an earlier quest with the same NPC), the quest does not log in the QuestHistory interface.

The workaround (and this works 100 percent of the time), is if the quest shows in the WoW Quest interface but not in the QuestHistory, just abandon the quest and reask the NPC for it.

Any clue on what could be causing this?

Thanks a million!

-Sethiel
10-22-05, 09:50 PM   #9
DSanai
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Please try the new version I just posted, and see if it helps. Version number is 2.72.

If it does not, please let me know.
10-25-05, 03:42 AM   #10
Sethiel
A Defias Bandit

DSanai:

I've downloaded and installed the update, but have had little time to actually test it. I'll report back when I've gotten some good testing feedback.

Thanks again!

-Sethiel
10-28-05, 05:58 PM   #11
Sethiel
A Defias Bandit

Just a quick update.

Been horrible week for actually playing and testing this new version, however I did log into today and have gotten three quests and not once have I had to accept/abandon/accept to get it to show in the QuestHistory log! So far so good!

-Sethiel

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Better / updated Quest History Addon