08-10-10, 09:30 AM   #1
VexVishnu
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Tradeskill Addons Are Dying

I hate the default tradskill window. It's so frustrating to use and often times feels way too cramped. It lacks functionality that ATSW and Skillet offered.
Now all those addons are broken. ATSW, Skillet, along with Lilsparky's Workshop don't seem to be working.

I can't find any suitable replacements.

What tradeskill addons are you using that still work or you were able to make work?
08-10-10, 10:40 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Lilsparky's Branch of Skillet is still going strong over at WoWAce.com

LSW is still working as well without any issues for me.

On top of that, Lilsparky is also doing a completely new one called Gnomeworks Tradeskill Frame. It's still in alpha phase but it's looking to be a very very promising replacement for Skillet/ATSW etc.

You can also click on Lilsparky's name over at wowace and get the alpha/beta updates of all the mods going

Here's a couple links.

http://www.wowace.com/addons/gnomeworks/

http://www.wowace.com/addons/skillet/

http://www.wowace.com/addons/lil-sparkys-workshop/
08-10-10, 11:04 AM   #3
lilsparky
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
yeah, gnomeworks will be coming online soon i hope. it's pretty much usable right now, but it's still got some known issues and gotchas. i'd say it's about 50% in terms of features implemented, but the basics are all there -- cept maybe being able to get rid of queue entries.

it also integrates with lsw (tho you need the latest alpha of lsw from wowace).
09-11-10, 09:25 AM   #4
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by VexVishnu View Post
I hate the default tradskill window. It's so frustrating to use and often times feels way too cramped. It lacks functionality that ATSW and Skillet offered.
Now all those addons are broken. ATSW, Skillet, along with Lilsparky's Workshop don't seem to be working.

I can't find any suitable replacements.

What tradeskill addons are you using that still work or you were able to make work?
I'm using Lil'Sparky's version of Skillet on live - it works just fine. LSW works with it too.

Lilsparky is working on a new tradeskill window replacement - Gnomeworks - go to wowace.com and check it out.

Marth

09-11-10, 09:50 AM   #5
break19
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-Cauldron.html

I found this little gem and love it. Especially when paired with:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...peList2.0.html
09-16-10, 10:27 AM   #6
hevreka
A Defias Bandit
Hello All

FYI i think the Addon Called ADDONLOADER Makes Skillet See RED so Remove ADDONLOADER Addon and try skillet and it works normaly

I think skillet dont like the dynamic load and unload things that ADDONLOADER do.

Do Try And see if it works

My Best And Warmest Regards
Hevreka
09-19-10, 06:33 PM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

AddonLoader only delays loading of addons based on conditions the addons themselves specify. It doesn't do anything with addons that don't explicitly list conditions for it, so if it's doing anything with Skillet, it's only doing so because Skillet's author included support for AddonLoader.

AddonLoader never "unloads" addons, since it isn't possible to unload an addon without reloading the UI. Individual addons can include "disable" functionality to turn off their active features (such as combat log scanning) and hide their visible UI elements, but they're still loaded in memory, and AddonLoader doesn't even touch that.
09-25-10, 11:02 PM   #8
hevreka
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
AddonLoader only delays loading of addons based on conditions the addons themselves specify. It doesn't do anything with addons that don't explicitly list conditions for it, so if it's doing anything with Skillet, it's only doing so because Skillet's author included support for AddonLoader.

AddonLoader never "unloads" addons, since it isn't possible to unload an addon without reloading the UI. Individual addons can include "disable" functionality to turn off their active features (such as combat log scanning) and hide their visible UI elements, but they're still loaded in memory, and AddonLoader doesn't even touch that.
Well Could you give me a Good Answer When i Disable Addonloader that Skillet Works ???? and when the Addonloader Is Enabled It DONT ??

My Best Regards
Hevreka
09-26-10, 02:46 PM   #9
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Something else is interfering, then - I use AddonLoader with Skillet, and it works perfectly.
10-13-10, 05:06 AM   #10
woofpup
A Murloc Raider
Smile ATSW Updated!!!

Advanced Trade Skills Window was actually updated last night. It's a wonderful replacement for Bliz's window.
10-20-10, 04:22 PM   #11
Galo
A Murloc Raider
Guess I'll post here as it's about what I was thinking too.

Is there any current up-to date addons that are more or less like Manufac was?

It was, and still is, the best tradeskill addon I've seen, but it stopped working ages ago. The current most common tradeskill addon don't even come close to the slickness Manufac had, but I just wonder if there is some less-known one that would be like Manufac.
10-21-10, 09:47 AM   #12
Vranx
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Galo View Post
Is there any current up-to date addons that are more or less like Manufac was?
Looks similar to this:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a.../producer.aspx
10-21-10, 10:20 AM   #13
LittleWhiteDove
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Advanced Trade Skill Window works just perfect and you can get it on this site.
10-21-10, 03:33 PM   #14
Galo
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Vranx View Post
And there I was, only looking through tradeskill addons here on WoWI.
But, that is exactly what I've been looking for a loooooong time. So, thank you for this find.
10-21-10, 04:00 PM   #15
Aarokh
A Cyclonian

I was about to link Produce when I read the first post, scrolled down to only see someone else already posted this.

Anyhow, Producer is my favourite Tradeskill Addon by far.
12-21-10, 07:30 PM   #16
frostbitez
A Kobold Labourer
Enchant addon

I am looking for a simple to read/use enchanting add on.
I use to use Auctioneer and love the way enchantrix worked, however I figured out that Auctioneer is buggy as was reason for alot of my d/c.
I dont want something that I have to spend hours trying to fiugre out how to work, then loose it @_@
Help ?
01-03-11, 08:18 PM   #17
Rokblest
A Kobold Labourer
Easy Enchants

Try Panda. It either works /panda from command line, or I launch mine off chocolate bar. Also useful for DEing, JCing, and other stuff I haven't even tried.
03-04-11, 12:36 AM   #18
Crissa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I had this nice tradeskill addon that worked with slidebar and turned it all into configurable menus, not a window. So I could have a menu of 'orange items' or 'x slot items' or have them sorted alpha or skill or whatever, and it was just a menu that would fold out by mouseover.

Alas, that was a long time ago (2008).

-Crissa
03-04-11, 01:20 AM   #19
Asuhrie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Rokblest View Post
Try Panda. It either works /panda from command line, or I launch mine off chocolate bar. Also useful for DEing, JCing, and other stuff I haven't even tried.
I second Panda, when you are max skill level. It's a pretty slick addon.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Gameplay » Tradeskill Addons Are Dying