09-14-12, 04:21 AM   #1
gfross
A Defias Bandit
UNinstalling an Add On on my Mac

All I want to do is learn how to UNinstall an out-of-date Add On, not all of my Add Ons. This particular Add On is called Talented (3.0.2). In my WoW list of Add Ons, it is listed as Out of Date (I am using Wow version 5.0.5). Therefore, I disabled it. I'm not sure whether it is going to be updated for MoP. If it isn't, I want to uninstall it manually.

I do have the Curse Client, but it failed to uninstall the Talented Add On. I've sent a bug report to Curse. I am using a MacBook Pro, so since the Mac CC is still an Alpha version, I understand that there will be bugs. Actually, I'm trying to decide now whether to uninstall the Curse Client! I mean, if it can't uninstall an Add On, maybe it won't be able to install one correctly either (which as yet I have not tried doing since I just downloaded the CC yesterday). But that's neither here nor there (in this forum).

So what steps should I take to manually uninstall a single Add On on my Mac computer? My OS is Lion.
09-14-12, 05:20 AM   #2
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Go to Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns and delete all folders named after the addon.

Also, if you want to delete the saved settings as well, go to Applications/World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables and delete any related files there. If the addon also stores character-specific settings, go to Applications/World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<accountname>/<realmname>/<charname>/SavedVariables and delete the files there as well.

Last edited by Haleth : 09-14-12 at 07:15 AM.
09-25-12, 11:04 AM   #3
gfross
A Defias Bandit
Smile Successful Uninstallation!

Thank you for a very helpful reply!
09-25-12, 08:36 PM   #4
MoonWitch
A Firelord
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you do a lot of manual Addons moving/deleting, put your Interface (or WoW) folder in your sidebar, makes it easier to find
09-25-12, 08:51 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Moonie!

Yes, I have my AddOns folder in the side bar under Favorites, too. You can just drag it there and it will create a shortcut.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	favorites.PNG
Views:	494
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	7211  
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-25-12, 09:20 PM   #6
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Moonie!

Yes, I have my AddOns folder in the side bar under Favorites, too. You can just drag it there and it will create a shortcut.
Hey! That isn't OS X!

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
09-26-12, 12:07 AM   #7
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
You can do the same thing on OS X. Or just create a stack of your WoW folder in your dock so you don't have to go through the Finder.
09-26-12, 01:58 AM   #8
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I know, I was just making fun of Seerah's screenshot.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
09-26-12, 01:16 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-27-12, 02:20 AM   #10
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Hey guyzzz and HIIII SEERAH!

And yeah, a lot of features in 7 resemble the OS X version

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » UNinstalling an Add On on my Mac