09-12-12, 12:11 PM   #1
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Possibly silly question...

I use nVidia's 3DVision to play WoW; you must also go into the game's graphics settings and turn on "stereo video" which causes a reloadui, although it sets the CVar gxStereoEnabled to 1. When off, it should be 0 but instead, it simply does not exist in the config.wtf.

Anyway, I noticed when I was looking at the character frame the model for your avatar looks amazing. What I am wondering is if the portraits in unit frames respond in a similar manner. While you are updating RDX and working on migrating the themes, I am using Pitbull4 and oddly have not turned on the portraits to see if they are affected. I will do that and post back (and to its own thread) what the results are.

If you want to fool around with depth on any frame, the API is SetDepth(num) and GetDepth(num).

tl;dr I want to test RDX from repo for 3D support. Does the game turn it on with the setting, or do addons need to be coded.
09-12-12, 02:20 PM   #2
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
I use nVidia's 3DVision to play WoW; you must also go into the game's graphics settings and turn on "stereo video" which causes a reloadui, although it sets the CVar gxStereoEnabled to 1. When off, it should be 0 but instead, it simply does not exist in the config.wtf.
CVar's that aren't listed in Config.wtf or config-cache.wtf simply use whatever Blizzard has deemed to be their appropriate default behavior. GetCVar("gxStereoEnabled") will still return 0 in-game as it is disabled by default.
09-13-12, 11:16 AM   #3
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
These two functions SetDepth(num) and GetDepth(num) are not implemented in RDX at the moment.

Sorry

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Support » OpenRDX: Feature Requests » Possibly silly question...