09-22-14, 02:41 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Re-Introducing Minion, our AddOn Manager!

For those of you who may have missed it (easily done since we hadn’t made a big announcement about it, until now), our new Minions* are here. They are a completely new breed than our first batch (rewritten from the ground up). We’ve had some of them out for a little while now, and we’re ready to make their return more widely known.

Please note, however, that they are still very young (aka, Beta). Most people that have been using them are having no problems with them, but there are some bad habits (bugs) that we are still trying to pin down. As well, they aren't fully grown yet (not yet feature complete), so as we teach them new tricks (add new features) there is always the possibility of new bad habits (bugs) being introduced.

We would really like to have more people using/testing their very own Minions now, but we also want to make sure that everyone is aware of their Beta status. It is really important to have people who are willing to help us make them better by submitting bug reports when they run into things. Please see this thread to get the information on what we need when you submit a bug report.

You can go here to get your very own Minion. Please use this forum to provide feedback and receive support.

*Minion: A free, eager-to-please little monster lackey of your own, with enough sense to stick to orders! Minion can handle all the 'work' assigned, letting you get back to the 'serious business' of playing your game sooner.

Always be sure to make a backup of your AddOn and Saved Variables folders before running Minion.
09-25-14, 09:40 AM   #2
Khisanth
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks, thanks, and one more thank.

I really missed the old minion from years ago. Sure it still worked well with bash commands, but the latest java update broke it completely.

Time to download it and all night long
11-26-14, 08:09 PM   #3
moondoggy
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Compliations?

What are the odds of this working with the new Minion? I would love to be able to update "interfaces" too?
It doesn't list my SuvUI in my list of addons. I know Tuk has an updater for their addons which update compilations as well so just wondering

Last edited by moondoggy : 11-26-14 at 08:17 PM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Re-Introducing Minion, our AddOn Manager!