12-13-09, 03:58 AM   #1
kberk
A Fallenroot Satyr
nUI - Nice

My preliminary impression of this addon is Awesome.

I gave up the best, most flexible bar mod out there, Macaroon, which was hard.

I also gave up Autobar after years. I'm not sure I can keep autobar away on low level tunes, but Questhelper helps you find quest items these days, and with Arkinventory soring, I can fine the ones Questhelper doesn't.

As a Druid healer that HAS to click heal (no keys at all), I use the Helium Addon for healing rather than Healbot which would limit me to 3 of the 7 healing spells available to me. Healium provides its own unit frame, so there is some redundancy having unit frames in nUI and from Helium. Despite this I stlll feel I've gotten lots of space back. Especually by allowing me to hide 2 of my four chat/combat windows by a simple click of a nUI button.

I'm not sure if I still need oRA2 or CTRA.

I think the biggest way I got screen real estate back was being able to consolidate two of the four chat/combat log windows by using the Guild and Chat addons for nUI. I use PRAT and nUI seems to be working well with it so far. The only challenge here is that if I've got my recount/omen panel up, I will lose the ability to view anything except my group chat window which is what I reconfigured the left window for. Sometimes it is nice to be able to read guild chat when you are not busy in a dungeon, but I think losing that is worth it to get some screen back. I sort of wish I could have the guild chat come up automatically out of combat and then go bat to the Omen recount windows in combat.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks, this UI looks and feals good.
12-13-09, 06:16 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'lll be working on the Guild Chat window during the week so will have a look and see if I can automate jumping to its window when combat is over but I am not sure it is possible but worth looking into.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » General » nUI: Community Chat » nUI - Nice