10-22-12, 04:41 PM   #1
IDragonlordI
A Murloc Raider

Map not showing quests destinations

just updated carbonite today and now its not marking where the quests are to be done on the map please fix ty

10-22-12, 04:50 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by IDragonlordI View Post
just updated carbonite today and now its not marking where the quests are to be done on the map please fix ty
did you enable it the way the update notes said to?

10-24-12, 11:47 AM   #3
Bravoure
A Defias Bandit
Premium Member
Quest watch Hi-light

I used to get a whole Hi-lighted area of where my quests should be done, now there's just a circle node, and I can't find a way to get the hi-light area back...this was on the regular map. On the minimap, I was still getting a blue hi-lighted area for where the quest area was, now it no longer does this. Am I missing a setting? I think I've gone through the whole list. I also don't know where the update notes are.

Thanks you!

10-24-12, 12:06 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Right click on the map itself, then click Show, a list of items of possible things to show will pop up.. make sure "Quest POI's is checked there"

10-24-12, 01:15 PM   #5
Bravoure
A Defias Bandit
Premium Member
Thank you, this helped for a blue "blob" to show up on my map, but the mini-map is still missing any sort of "blobs." Under show, I did not see "show quest POI," however, there was a show "quest blob". This is what made the blue blob show up for whatever quest I'm on, however the multi-colored hi-lighting is still not working. I have all of the correct options selected. I'm sure I'm still missing something. Thank you for your help!

10-24-12, 02:27 PM   #6
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
the minimap doesn't show blobs anymore, it's all on the map itself now.

Multi-color doesn't work unfortunately since I'm using blizzards blue instead of trying to draw my own.

10-24-12, 02:27 PM   #7
Coasty
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Bravoure View Post
Thank you, this helped for a blue "blob" to show up on my map, but the mini-map is still missing any sort of "blobs." Under show, I did not see "show quest POI," however, there was a show "quest blob". This is what made the blue blob show up for whatever quest I'm on, however the multi-colored hi-lighting is still not working. I have all of the correct options selected. I'm sure I'm still missing something. Thank you for your help!
Like you I have the blue quest blobs, but not the quest area multi-color highlighting for each quest. That particular function, for me anyway, has been busted since MoP went active and I miss it. I have the right options checked, but it's still not working.

Edit:
I just noticed what you said above Rythal about multi-color not working since you switched things to using Blizzards blue. I'm not sure if you're referring just to the color of the quest blob or also to the multi-coloring of the 'quest area' highlighting as we were talking about both of those features. If you're also referring to the latter, I gotta tell you this is a map feature that is sorely missed, at least by me anyway, it was one of Carbonite's main selling points.

Last edited by Coasty : 10-24-12 at 02:35 PM.

10-24-12, 03:29 PM   #8
Kythlyn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Coasty View Post

Edit:
I just noticed what you said above Rythal about multi-color not working since you switched things to using Blizzards blue. I'm not sure if you're referring just to the color of the quest blob or also to the multi-coloring of the 'quest area' highlighting as we were talking about both of those features. If you're also referring to the latter, I gotta tell you this is a map feature that is sorely missed, at least by me anyway, it was one of Carbonite's main selling points.
Agreed, I enjoyed being able to differentiate between various quest objectives crowded into a certain area. It was especially useful for picking up items that spawn in very specific locations which Carbonite represented with a series of tiny quest blobs. I could see those tiny quest blobs even when there were also large quest blobs overlapping them.

This is kind of off-topic, but now that the "glow" effect is working on the blizzard minimap, I'm starting to see flickering on all other minimap icons every time the glow turns on or off, or even when there are no glowing spots on the map at all.

10-24-12, 04:17 PM   #9
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Kythlyn View Post
This is kind of off-topic, but now that the "glow" effect is working on the blizzard minimap, I'm starting to see flickering on all other minimap icons every time the glow turns on or off, or even when there are no glowing spots on the map at all.
That's the reason it was disabled in the first place, besides setting the glow delay to 0 when your not farming there is no known fix that i've found yet.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map not showing quests destinations