04-29-10, 03:10 AM   #1
Thevolget
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Guildbank exporter

I'm looking for an addon that can export the contents of my guild's bank into HTML output pulling the needed tooltips for the items from wowhead. I've tried may addons, and none have been able to do this. Here's kind of a sample of what i'm trying to get an addon to do

Guild Bank Of <Guild Name Here>

Total Funds in Bank 35912g12s11c

[Bank Tab 1 Name]
21 x Eye of Zul

[Bank Tab .... Name]

And would repeat for each tab, condensing all items with similar names and sorting by quality.

If anyone knows of an addon that can do this, or can come up with one, both me and my guild would personally thank you
04-29-10, 05:34 AM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just curious... is there any reason you can't use the one on the Armory for your guild? If you log in to the Armory, view your guild site, and click on the Guild Bank link then you can see everything on each tab and exactly how much cash you have in reserve.
04-29-10, 05:38 AM   #3
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Just of interest i'm wondering why you want to do this.

It's just that there are limitations in the Lua API to do what you want to get done so you would need to get around those limitation which would add further complications onto and how complex your solution is going to be. You would then need to make a decision to see if that solution is really worth doing.

For one thing do not have access to file or networking functions. Blizzard has purposely and surgically removed them from the API. Although you may be able to prepare a large variable to be a html file you still won't be able to save it out to a specific file - it would get saved to disk as a Saved variable file at logout , game exit or console reload time.

You would then need to write some kind of program or script to process the SV file to pull the HTML info out of it and construct another HTML file out of that info.

So all this requires not only that you remember to update it in game but you would also need to fiddle with an external program afterwards to get it to an HTML file that you then upload. You would also need to keep the program updated.

More trouble then it's worth IMHO.

If it's for uploading to a guild site I have a possible solution for you in the next post over ...this one is too big :P
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
04-29-10, 05:48 AM   #4
Bluspacecow

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Just curious... is there any reason you can't use the one on the Armory for your guild? If you log in to the Armory, view your guild site, and click on the Guild Bank link then you can see everything on each tab and exactly how much cash you have in reserve.
Exactly where I was going with my next post Petrah

Basically I am the web admin for one of the guilds my toons are in (lolz I has toons in 2 guilds)

I was fiddling around one night when I discovered on Guildomatic you can just create your own pages. I then saw that you can create embedded links.
An itching a started and before I knew it I had my own guild bank links

OP If you're interested have a look at :

http://relentlessassault.guildomatic.com

See the "Guild Bank" tab up the top ?

Clicking it takes you to this page :

http://relentlessassault.guildomatic...age/show/22874

The links to the embedded armory links each take you to another page with the following code in it :

<object data=http://www.wowarmory.com/vault/guild-bank-contents.xml?r=Muradin&n=Relentless+Assault width="1000" height="1000"><embed src=http://www.wowarmory.com/vault/guild-bank-contents.xml?r=Muradin&n=Relentless+Assault width="1000" height="1000"></embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed.Blu stuffed up somewhere ! Go yell at him in the forums!</object>

Of course you would need to alter it a lot for your forum page but I think you get the general idea.

Let me know if you need help with it
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
04-29-10, 05:51 AM   #5
Bluspacecow

Not only that but if you use the filter options you can search the guild bank for all items containing "Zul" or "Spellthread". That and you can see the guild bank log

OP I'm not trying to discourage you from whatever you are wanting to do. Just making you aware of the limitations of doing it via an addon and alternative solutions

If I were you I would make a post on wowace.com as well as the UI & Macros forums to cover all your bases
04-29-10, 05:56 AM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I think I've seen that guildomatic thing somewhere before. Looks neat!

*Off-topic apology in advance*
Not sure if I like the 11th Dr. Think he's gonna have to grow on me. I miss Tennant!! /XT Tantrum
04-29-10, 06:26 AM   #7
Bluspacecow

*Off-topic apology in advance*
Not sure if I like the 11th Dr. Think he's gonna have to grow on me. I miss Tennant!! /XT Tantrum
[offtopic]
To be fair to Matt , Tennant did put in a really really strong performance as the 10th Doctor.

Roguishly handsome. Debonair. A potrayal of the doctor that had you coming back again and again. Brought a mix between sadness and silly tom foolery unique to Doctor who. Could be hard and unyielding as stone when he needed to be. Like he said to Peter Davidson in that TV special they did together - he was my Doctor.

5 Years in the role. 36 episodes. 3 Seasons. Pretty much the only other doctor with that long a run on the series was Tom Baker , the 4th doctor with 7 years in the role , 7 seasons and 42 episodes. Usually doctors run 2-3 years on average (thank you Wikipedia *puts away pokedex*)

So poor old Matt has to not only live up to that sort of reputation and pedigree but also bring his own spin on the role.

IMHO I think he's doing fine
[/offtopic]
04-29-10, 03:06 PM   #8
Thevolget
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Because the guild that I run is using the website to manage item requests. I used to do this for my guild, before I became GM, using an addon called GuildInventory. However the addon no longer is in development and no longer will scan the guildbank and provide me with the output similar to the manner that I am looking.

There would have to be no communication between the addon and internet, all it would have to do would generate an window that formats the items in the guild bank in html output for copy and paste.

Secondly, most of the users in my guild won't sign in to anything that asks for a battle.net account name and password after about 4 of them were hacked in a months time.

And finally, moving the guildsite from one host to another is an option, but getting the users to resign up is a huge PITA (I barely get the new guild members to visit the guild site, more or less sign up)
04-29-10, 04:29 PM   #9
Bluspacecow

Originally Posted by Thevolget View Post
Because the guild that I run is using the website to manage item requests. I used to do this for my guild, before I became GM, using an addon called GuildInventory. However the addon no longer is in development and no longer will scan the guildbank and provide me with the output similar to the manner that I am looking.

There would have to be no communication between the addon and internet, all it would have to do would generate an window that formats the items in the guild bank in html output for copy and paste.
Interesting. I see what you are wanting to do here. My best advice is if you get no luck here try the official UI & Macro's forum and the forums on wowace.com.

There are some fairly clever (and bored) programmer that frequent both on those forums so if you post in both you'll eventually find somone willing to help.

I have no coding skills so I'm afraid I can't

Secondly, most of the users in my guild won't sign in to anything that asks for a battle.net account name and password after about 4 of them were hacked in a months time.
Do they use the forums at all ? Because if they do it uses the cookie from there to do an instant login using that cookie without having to put in their battle.net account name and password.

Wouldn't you just need to double check the link you put in there is the official Blizzard one ?

Paranoia is always good but they should be checking that the site is us.battle.net or eu.battle.net before they put in their user name and password anywhere on the internet any way

And finally, moving the guildsite from one host to another is an option, but getting the users to resign up is a huge PITA (I barely get the new guild members to visit the guild site, more or less sign up)
Well you could always take the html code I gave above and see if you can recreate it on the host you have.

If that is even possible of course >_>

Oh well it was just a suggestion if you really don't want to do it I won't be all grumpy and stuff about it
04-29-10, 06:28 PM   #10
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What about using something along the lines of Roster? I used to use it when I was part of a much larger Guild. It can track/show damn near anything.

The only people that would really need to run CharacterProfiler would typically be Officers and up. All others are optional.

Here's the description from their wiki page: http://www.wowroster.net/MediaWiki/Roster

Advanced Character & Guild Profiler

Current release: 2.0.2

The WoWRoster.net Team

WoWRoster is an automated, extensible, and multilingual character and guild profiler which displays and stores data gathered from WoW through the use of WoW AddOns (rpgo-CharacterProfiler , rpgo-GuildProfiler , and PvPLog)

WoWRoster organizes all of the data collected via WoW AddOns, provides a suite of presentations for the gathered data, and houses a base for Roster Addons to access and manipulate roster data, displays Roster Addon links in the Roster Menu, and presents output to users.

The information gathered and displayed includes the following
The display of most of these are optional via Roster Control Panel

* List of Guild Members
* Honor stats
* PvP stats (when using PvPLog WoWAddon)
* GuildBank display
* Guild view of Professions
* Instance keys
* Character Stats
o Money
o Bag inventory
o Bank inventory
o Mail
o Spell book
o Professions
o Quests
o Recipes
o Talents
o PvPLog data

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Guildbank exporter