02-17-14, 12:10 AM   #1
pashiona
A Defias Bandit
Issues with carbonite nodes and quests

I had an earlier version installed but I was having some weird issues. My quests on the mini map rotated oddly, when heading towards a ! its like ...I dont know... They werent in the right place and I had to fly in crazy patterns to find where it was. Also the same issue with node/herb locations. The nodes showed up on the mini map however the yellow dots that would pop up would do the exact same spinning rotating thing I described.

I found the newer version, the 5.4 alpha and so I deleted my cache folders and the old Carbonite and installed the newer version.

Since installing this version not only am I still having the exact same issue, but I no longer have a mini map and cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it back. Also I do not see the options to import herb and node locations. The options have changed and now show up in Blizzards standard addon menu. I have been through the options and cannot find what I am looking for. Its extremely confusing.

So, is there a fix for these issues? Can someone please take the time to explain it to me if there is? I have used this addon for many years and have come back for MoP and I am sad to see the state of this addon.

Happy its still around, sad that there seems to be so many issues with it. Thank you for your time!

Edit: So I think I see the culprit at least whats behind the spinning quests. I noticed when I was able to get the minimap to show and I checked the option to combine the maps that they are just sitting on top of each other and the map underneath is spinning. What do?

Last edited by pashiona : 02-17-14 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Found something

02-17-14, 09:55 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Make sure the Blizzard minimap isn't spinning. "esc > Interface > Game > Display" and on the "Display" tab, look for "Rotate Minimap" and make sure the box is UNchecked.

To get the Blizzard minimap back just open the Carbonite options to the "Maps" tab. Go to the "MiniMap Options" sub tab, and make sure the first option is UNchecked. "esc > Interface > AddOns > Carbonite > Maps".

To import the "nodes", go to the "Guide and Gather" tab and the "Gather Options" sub tab along the top.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-17-14 at 04:47 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Issues with carbonite nodes and quests