04-13-10, 04:01 PM   #1
Kaean
A Murloc Raider
Odd gold trading bug in toc25.

I have just recently installed nUI + I have never seen this problem before.

I do not know if it is raid specific, what size raid specific, or what. This has only happened once and I have not tried to replicate it yet. I will try to do so later.

I was in toc25 in a gdkp run. I won a trophy for 700 gold and went to trade the gold. I was only able to enter in 70. When I typed in the 3rd zero, the trade key sort of flashed, the integer briefly appeared then disappeared, then it was left at 70.

So I tried trading just 70 gold x 10. That worked until I got to the 8th trade.

At that point it wouldn't even take 2 digits -- now it would only accept 1 digit.

Once I was out of the raid in Dalaran and traded with someone, I was able to enter in 3 digits with no problem whatsoever.

Any suggestions on what might be causing this?

Would sort of suck to have to turn nUI off for GDKP runs.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Just replicated it in a 10 man raid in VoA.

I'll try disabling things one at a time, deleting folders etc. Just odd because I had never seen nor heard of this before.

Last edited by Kaean : 04-13-10 at 05:14 PM.

04-13-10, 05:29 PM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
nUI has nothing to do with the trading system whatsoever... it does not in any way interact with the trade windows other than, I think, to make the main window movable.

I can't think of any reason why nUI would have anything to do with that.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

04-13-10, 05:58 PM   #3
Kaean
A Murloc Raider
Yeah certainly could just be the timing making me think it is. I have a few other addons I can check.

Thanks.

04-15-10, 04:51 AM   #4
Animorph
A Fallenroot Satyr
Just a thought, was the person you traded to the same in both cases? And if so, is he near the gold cap?

04-15-10, 05:18 AM   #5
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kaean View Post
I have just recently installed nUI + I have never seen this problem before.

I do not know if it is raid specific, what size raid specific, or what. This has only happened once and I have not tried to replicate it yet. I will try to do so later.

I was in toc25 in a gdkp run. I won a trophy for 700 gold and went to trade the gold. I was only able to enter in 70. When I typed in the 3rd zero, the trade key sort of flashed, the integer briefly appeared then disappeared, then it was left at 70.

So I tried trading just 70 gold x 10. That worked until I got to the 8th trade.

At that point it wouldn't even take 2 digits -- now it would only accept 1 digit.

Once I was out of the raid in Dalaran and traded with someone, I was able to enter in 3 digits with no problem whatsoever.

Any suggestions on what might be causing this?

Would sort of suck to have to turn nUI off for GDKP runs.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Just replicated it in a 10 man raid in VoA.

I'll try disabling things one at a time, deleting folders etc. Just odd because I had never seen nor heard of this before.
The only time I've had something similar to what you are experiencing is when I didn't have enough gold to cover what I was trying to enter.

Are you 100% positive you had at least 700g on you when you tried to type in 700? Example I've had in the past I was buying some stacks of raw epic gems, and I was paying the person 5000g for them. I only had like 4300g on me before realizing it...so the interface stopped me at 500.

This happens in the Blizzard default UI too - has nothing to do with nUI

Marth

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Odd gold trading bug in toc25.