01-04-10, 10:42 PM   #1
wackylaz
A Defias Bandit
Totem Bars

I was just wondering if this is possible with OpenRDX, I've searched for it but couldn't find anything on it.
Btw, amazing addon
01-05-10, 12:40 AM   #2
jfn302
An Aku'mai Servant
It is possible,

I'm not sure what the offset is, but there is an actual offset that is specifically for totems on the Actionbars. I discovered this accidentally because I was working with the Stance and custom offsets to set up my warriors stances and managed to put in an offset that would only allow me to insert 'fire totem spells' and other such types of totems.

Anyone know what the offsets are? I also noticed that it was 4 fire totem spells in a row, then 4 of a different type, rather than a fire, earth, water, wind next to each other.

If I recall, those offsets were somewhere around buttonID 49 and higher.. not percisely sure though.
01-05-10, 03:57 PM   #3
wackylaz
A Defias Bandit
neato thanks, I'll go onto the WoW forums and check it out. Unless somebody can provide the offsets for the bars before i find them lol. and thanks for the help
01-06-10, 12:44 AM   #4
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Hi guys,

You are looking for a class bar.

Depending of the class, the bar show differents things.

For example, for mage you will have all teleports.
For hunter, all aspects.
For chaman, all totems.

This feature is not available, but this is in my todo list.

May be soon.

Sigg
01-13-10, 04:32 AM   #5
Elath
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I am not sure you are talking about the same thing.
The shaman, since 3.1 has a new action bar, specific to the shaman, where you can specify the totems which will be cast by Call of the Elements.

This new bar is very different from the other ones because it has a small arrow on top of the buttons which allows you to switch totem.
You have 5 butons in total if I recall properly (not playinf my shaman any more for now). The first one allows you to choose between "Call of Elements", "Call of Ancestors" and "Call of Spirits". When you choos one of these, you have the 4 other buttons which update to the corresponding set.
The 4 other buttons regroup the different totem elements (earth, fire, water, air).
01-13-10, 08:59 AM   #6
jfn302
An Aku'mai Servant
correct

Blizzard does what you are talking about by creating 20 individual buttons and then hiding the buttons of the totem bars not displayed at the moment. This is why the buttons still show up in the offsets from button 1. Every toon actually has access to the buttons, but since they are designed for totems only, you can't use them. So, while they are there for every character you have, they are useless to all but Shaman.
01-28-10, 04:39 PM   #7
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
The MultiCastBar has been added in RDX (the totem bar in fact)

The multicastbar feature create a bar of 12 buttons.
There are separated in 3 parts.
Button 1 to 4
Button 5 to 8
Button 9 to 12

Please give me a feedback about this.
There is no flying buttons like what blizzard has done but it should work.

Sigg
02-19-10, 12:10 PM   #8
MNKyDeth
A Theradrim Guardian
What you said is correct Sigg.

1 - 4
This is the "Call of the Elements" totem.

5 - 8
Call of the Ancestors

9 - 12
Call of the spirits

All the buttons and totems are always visible. In order to change witch totems drop with what "Call of the" totems you need to open up the spell book and replace each totem as needed. This makes it a bit more complex than say bartender4 or the default blizz way of doing it, but it is able to be set with openrdx bars.
03-18-10, 12:34 PM   #9
Inrego
An Aku'mai Servant
I'd say that a real totembar without having to use the spellbook to change the totems in a totemset is rly important. I am quite often changing just 1 totem mid-combat if that totem is needed.
atm I am turning off RDX when playing on my shammy simply because I can't use the RDX actionbars and it's too much trouble enabling the default blizz bars everytime i log onto my shaman.. :/
03-19-10, 03:16 AM   #10
Narinka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Sorry, but what's the trouble? You should have different options for different chars (I mean "Disable blizz bla bla"). No need to disable RDX as a whole to turn off only action bars.
03-19-10, 03:35 AM   #11
Inrego
An Aku'mai Servant
Yea I'm making a seperate desktop for each class, exactly so I don't have to configure rdx every time i relog
03-20-10, 10:39 AM   #12
Sokiane
A Murloc Raider
It could be awsome if you can make the blizzard totem frame available and moveable in openRDX couse it's a god damn nice add on
05-21-10, 07:47 AM   #13
derfel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Figures i should have read more.

I posted a questions about the Shaman Totem bars in the impossible DUI forum, asking unlimit for his thoughts and suggestions on this.

I too have to run an additonal addon with OpenRDX to continue using the Shaman totem bar that is default by Blizz. I agree, that the bar Blizzard created is far more usable than something that can be currently created with this platform (that is, until someone makes it work ). I don't disable RDX completely, i simply have Bartender set to run only for my shaman, and only for that one item, all other's are hidden in bartender.

I admit, i am new to the platform, but to me, this is something that people should make into a tutorial so that those who need to create the shaman bar would be able to do it with thier own twist. (i think it'd be cool if it was a vertical bar that opened to the right from the left side fo the screen)

but, sadly, that's just my two copper pieces.
07-07-10, 12:50 AM   #14
qwertyui
An Aku'mai Servant
Technically all that's needed to create a bar, equivalent to a shaman bar, are two extra features.

Basically, if a frame is able to catch mouseover events on another frame and respond by changing it's own alpha and clickability, then one can make a totem bar.

I'm pretty new to RDX, - just created by party frame and action bars on my first char, - so don't know whether it is possible or not. But it doesn't seem all that hard from a general programming point of view. Catch one event, change two variables, repaint, done.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Totem Bars