11-26-10, 04:14 PM   #1
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Texture "blurring" what's behind it?

Hello.

I'm looking for a method to make my frame backdrops have an effect that blurs what's below them, so it doesn't distract the attention from the contents of the frame too much (my backdrops are transparent, I do like that).

Is there some kind of texture I could be using for this, or is it impossible to do in wow?
11-26-10, 06:39 PM   #2
Waky
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm pretty sure you can't have a texture alter another texture beyond being see-through to change its color. In order to actually rearrange the image behind it you'd need a filter to my understanding since you'd really just be changing the image behind it. I would presume you can't make a filter in WoW, but I've never tried.
11-26-10, 07:32 PM   #3
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The WoW API has absolutely no image controls ouside the simple sizing and cropping/rotation.
11-27-10, 12:35 AM   #4
Xubera
A Cobalt Mageweaver

why not make a texture that is fuzzy and then attach it to the back of all your frames.

So instead of altering other textures, you simply just add a fuzzy texture behind your frames

▲ ▲ WoWInterface wont let me triforce >.>
11-27-10, 04:18 AM   #5
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Xubera View Post
why not make a texture that is fuzzy and then attach it to the back of all your frames.
So instead of altering other textures, you simply just add a fuzzy texture behind your frames
I toyed around with that idea before and came up with the conclusion, it wouldn't come out any different than what he already has.
11-28-10, 03:38 AM   #6
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
That's a shame. Oh well, thanks for trying.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Texture "blurring" what's behind it?