Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
03-03-10, 01:11 AM   #1
Mairna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Premium Member
GetPlayerBearingFunction() Request...

Hi, since i installed the nUI minimap plugin (the one that moves the minimap from the center of the dashboard over to the right panel so that it is not covered up by the Focus), I have been having trouble with both TomTom's and Zygor's waypointing arrows not showing the correct distance to waypoints. I have found that if I disable this nUI plugin on per-character basis, this problem does not occur. My main character is a hunter, and I want to see her minimap in the right panel of nUI and the focus in the center of the dashboard, so I have left the nUI minimap plugin enabled just for her. I want my other characters to be able to use the TomTom and Zygor waypoint arrows, so I have disabled the nUI minimap plugin so that the waypoint arrows will show the proper distance to the waypoint, at least for now.

After doing some research online, I found a thread by TomTom's author, explaining that this waypoint arrow issue is caused by any minimap addon that re-parents the player arrow. The author suggested that I request that you add a GetPlayerBearingFunction() to the nUI minimap plugin that contains the following code:

function GetPlayerBearing()
local obj; -- Remains an upvalue
do
local t = {Minimap:GetChildren()}; -- Becomes garbage
for k, v in pairs(t) do
if v:IsObjectType("Model") and not v:GetName() then
local model = v:GetModel():lower()
if model:match("interface\\minimap\\minimaparrow") then
obj = v; break;
end
end
end
end
if not obj then return; end

-- If we've found what we were looking for, rewrite function to skip the search next time.
GetPlayerBearing = function()
if GetCVar("rotateMinimap") ~= "0" then
return (MiniMapCompassRing:GetFacing() * -1)
else
return obj:GetFacing();
end
end
return GetPlayerBearing();
end

The full text of the author's comment regarding this issue may be found at: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ge=62#comments

I hope that you will somehow be able to implement this function into the nUI minimap plugin, and distribute a patch or fix for this particular plugin. Until then, I will disable the nUI minimap plugin on my characters that need the waypoint arrows to show the correct distance to the waypoint. Thanks again!

Last edited by Mairna : 03-03-10 at 01:15 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » GetPlayerBearingFunction() Request...