10-13-12, 03:58 PM   #1
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
RealUI

All Resolutions - All Classes - All Roles

Last edited by Gethe : 07-19-13 at 08:34 PM.

10-13-12, 05:07 PM   #2
Lady Pickle
A Murloc Raider

Nib

I am very sorry for Nib and I will send healing thoughts his way.

Also want to thank you for your help in maintaining while he is away. I would like to see if there is away to have a small pet bar to better monitor the health.

Thanks agian!

10-13-12, 08:24 PM   #3
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Lady Pickle View Post
I am very sorry for Nib and I will send healing thoughts his way.

Also want to thank you for your help in maintaining while he is away. I would like to see if there is away to have a small pet bar to better monitor the health.

Thanks agian!
Pet health and power is integrated into the player frame as a single line on the respective player bar. You can see an example on the info page.

I'll keep in mind to make something a bit more conspicuous, but I would like to keep the symmetry between the player and target frames.

10-13-12, 11:16 PM   #4
Lady Pickle
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
Pet health and power is integrated into the player frame as a single line on the respective player bar. You can see an example on the info page.

I'll keep in mind to make something a bit more conspicuous, but I would like to keep the symmetry between the player and target frames.
I do see and I have a hard time following the health of my pet. Practice is making perfect. I just wanted to request something a little more easy on the eyes. I am on a pvp server and it is hard to keep track of my pet's health when I am trying to stay alive myself.

Thank you for considering it!

10-14-12, 02:42 AM   #5
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I can't thank you enough for maintaining RealUI, Gethe. All the best.

10-14-12, 05:14 AM   #6
Donslaught
A Murloc Raider
First of all Gethe, you're amazing.

Now on to my thoughts. I was thinking about Lady Pickle's predicament and wonder how important Target of Target (ToT) is to certain roles. I could see it being more important for Healers or maybe even Tanks, but for DPS it's less important and most of the time unnecessary. Is there a way we can replace the ToT frame with the Focus frame and put the pet frame in its place?

As an additional thought, is there a way to have different frame positions, maybe on a switch between PvE (partying, raiding) and PvP (BGs, Arenas)?

Just some thoughts.

10-14-12, 05:19 AM   #7
Zeuskk
A Kobold Labourer
Hey! I have one question about UI. Is there any chance to use this UI separately on my alt healer and use my old UI (ElvUI + some other addons) on my main char? I very used to my old UI on my main and I can't properly play without it but im very interested to use RealUI on my new Monk healer alt. I would be grateful for help

10-14-12, 05:41 AM   #8
r1pt1de
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Zeuskk View Post
Hey! I have one question about UI. Is there any chance to use this UI separately on my alt healer and use my old UI (ElvUI + some other addons) on my main char? I very used to my old UI on my main and I can't properly play without it but im very interested to use RealUI on my new Monk healer alt. I would be grateful for help
You could use something like ACP and set up two sets of addons to be loaded for the different characters. This would present problems though if the compilations contain the same addons with global saved variable files. The second option would be to copy your entire wow folder, and create two seperate instances of it. This would allow one copy of wow to use its addons, and the second copy to use a completely different set of addons.

10-14-12, 07:34 AM   #9
Warzdak
A Murloc Raider
RealUI in MoP

Hey there, I'm sorry to hear about Nib, get well soon! just recently came back to the game. Before I quit playing I was using RealUI. What issues am I going to come across when I install a clean version of RealUI? Will I need to make some adjustments, if so, is it something that a person who hasn't messed with this UI stuff in a while may have trouble doing or is it fairly simple?

10-14-12, 08:16 AM   #10
Pusikas
A Murloc Raider
Speech Bubbles seem to be bugged for me, at least in instances. Our healer usually says stuff about the dispells and CDs he uses in /p. And in the speech bubbles, his name is substituted for some mob's name, most of the time.

10-14-12, 10:31 AM   #11
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Donslaught View Post
First of all Gethe, you're amazing.

Now on to my thoughts. I was thinking about Lady Pickle's predicament and wonder how important Target of Target (ToT) is to certain roles. I could see it being more important for Healers or maybe even Tanks, but for DPS it's less important and most of the time unnecessary. Is there a way we can replace the ToT frame with the Focus frame and put the pet frame in its place?

As an additional thought, is there a way to have different frame positions, maybe on a switch between PvE (partying, raiding) and PvP (BGs, Arenas)?

Just some thoughts.
This might work, but there are additional things that need to change for it to be smooth.

A PvP layout is possible, though since I don't PvP I wouldn't know where the frames would be best placed.

Originally Posted by Warzdak View Post
Hey there, I'm sorry to hear about Nib, get well soon! just recently came back to the game. Before I quit playing I was using RealUI. What issues am I going to come across when I install a clean version of RealUI? Will I need to make some adjustments, if so, is it something that a person who hasn't messed with this UI stuff in a while may have trouble doing or is it fairly simple?
For a fresh install, you shouldn't have any issues to contend with as long as you follow the README. If you do, please let me know.

Originally Posted by Pusikas View Post
Speech Bubbles seem to be bugged for me, at least in instances. Our healer usually says stuff about the dispells and CDs he uses in /p. And in the speech bubbles, his name is substituted for some mob's name, most of the time.
Thats odd, do you have any screenshots? Are there any errors (red bag on the minimap)?

10-14-12, 10:39 AM   #12
Pusikas
A Murloc Raider
Nothing in Bugsack, will see if I can get a screenie during our next runs.

10-14-12, 12:32 PM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The person who's talking does have their name show up in the speech bubbles. Or am I misremembering? (I don't have them on anymore.)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-14-12, 01:26 PM   #14
Be3f.
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Pusikas View Post
Aurora changes the speech bubbles. You could try updating it.

@ Gethe - Will you also be maintaining some of the nibaddons?

and get well soon Nib!

Last edited by Be3f. : 10-14-12 at 01:29 PM.

10-14-12, 10:07 PM   #15
Warzdak
A Murloc Raider
Thanks Gethe, installed and running perfectly. Now, to figure what everything is. I'm pretty good at figuring UI's out so it shouldn't be an issue. I'm just out of the addon/wow loop.

10-15-12, 03:26 AM   #16
Donslaught
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Warzdak View Post
Thanks Gethe, installed and running perfectly. Now, to figure what everything is. I'm pretty good at figuring UI's out so it shouldn't be an issue. I'm just out of the addon/wow loop.
Warzdak, post any questions you have here or you can pm me if you have any pressing questions. Hopefully I'll be able to answer them :-)

10-15-12, 04:06 AM   #17
Treakon
A Murloc Raider
IceHud

Hey!

I seem to miss the right side of the IceHud bars to track my dots, suggestions on how i can solve this?

Sorry if it has been asked before.

10-15-12, 01:52 PM   #18
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thanks Nib, Gethe... just letting you know that I leveled a Monk to 90, mostly used RealUI for it too.

10-15-12, 05:09 PM   #19
MarcusQuinn
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Treakon View Post
Hey!

I seem to miss the right side of the IceHud bars to track my dots, suggestions on how i can solve this?

Having this problem too and I can't get /IceHUD to work or get to any sort of in-game configuration for it.

10-15-12, 11:54 PM   #20
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Be3f. View Post
Aurora changes the speech bubbles. You could try updating it.

@ Gethe - Will you also be maintaining some of the nibaddons?

and get well soon Nib!
To be honest I barely have the time for RealUI between in game stuff (raids, dailies, etc.) and irl stuff (work). Though when things start to calm down ill consider picking up some of nib's more popular addons, most likely starting with those that are included in RealUI

Originally Posted by Anj View Post
Thanks Nib, Gethe... just letting you know that I leveled a Monk to 90, mostly used RealUI for it too.
Cool! Did you notice whether your Chi was displaying properly?

Originally Posted by MarcusQuinn View Post
Originally Posted by Treakon View Post
Hey!

Having this problem too and I can't get /IceHUD to work or get to any sort of in-game configuration for it.
try /icehud (lowercase) Once you get to the options, check Profiles and make sure it is either RealUI or RealUI-HR

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI