04-11-06, 03:20 PM   #1
Pyromaniac
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Ace blocked from script

Hey, Ive been using addons, especially Ace for a long time now, and love em! Keep up the good work. Usually Im pretty self-sufficient when it comes to problem solving, but I cant seem to shake this one. Everytime i left click in the world frame, i get a message saying Ace has been blocked from actions that only the Blizzard UO can perform or somethig to that effect. THe same thing happens with Warmup. I have tried removing KCET, as that was reported as a possible cause, with no luck. I deleted the WTF folder as well, again no dice. If anyone knows the cause(s), please give me a shout, without ace I can hardly stand playing!

Also, I realize its helpful to know what other mods im running, but that owuld take me 3 weeks to type out, im a bit of a mod junkie :P

Thanks in advance...
Pyro
04-11-06, 04:15 PM   #2
BTShrump
A Cyclonian

yup Ace got the shaft in 1.10.1 all my other addons work but Ace... I went through each of them turning them off & Ace was the one that broke the camels back. I turn Ace off (which includes FuBar) & I load up fine.
04-11-06, 04:25 PM   #3
zophiel
A Murloc Raider

Thanks for the info, I kept crashing on load and I had just decided to check every addon I have to figure it out
04-11-06, 04:31 PM   #4
Ratbert_CP
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you're using an older version of SpecialEvents, that could be it. Go into SpecialEvents.toc and comment or delete the line for SpecialEventSpellcast.lua for a quick fix.
04-11-06, 04:42 PM   #5
BTShrump
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Ratbert_CP
If you're using an older version of SpecialEvents, that could be it. Go into SpecialEvents.toc and comment or delete the line for SpecialEventSpellcast.lua for a quick fix.
I figuered out it was Ace by just loading Ace & nothing else & I didnt load up... I didnt get an error but just game freezes up and I have to CTR-ALT-DEL to turn off WoW
04-11-06, 04:58 PM   #6
tardmrr
Lua Ninja
It is not Ace. It is an addon using Ace's hooking mechanism to hook a protected function.
04-11-06, 05:01 PM   #7
neriak_x
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by BTShrump
I figuered out it was Ace by just loading Ace & nothing else & I didnt load up... I didnt get an error but just game freezes up and I have to CTR-ALT-DEL to turn off WoW
It's not Ace causing this, it's an Ace addon. Everyone of us at the Ace community is running it and it works fine. So please don't spread a rumor like this. Ace is working. What could cause problems are older versions of Keyminder and SpecialEvents. Ace itself doesn't hook the WorldFrame or anything like this. And about the freeze: The only known addon to cause this at the moment is FuBar - QuestFu. The author knows about the issue and is heavily at work to fix this.

Once again. Download the latest Ace version (1.3) at www.wowace.com and disable every other addon to get the proof. Telling people that Ace is the culprit is just wrong. Sorry.
04-11-06, 05:05 PM   #8
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Another Ace-dependant mod that will trigger this is KeyMinder. You should be able to set KM up in manual mode and it should work fine. If all else fails, disable KeyMinder.
04-11-06, 05:07 PM   #9
zophiel
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by neriak_x
It's not Ace causing this, it's an Ace addon. Everyone of us at the Ace community is running it and it works fine. So please don't spread a rumor like this. Ace is working. What could cause problems are older versions of Keyminder and SpecialEvents. Ace itself doesn't hook the WorldFrame or anything like this. And about the freeze: The only known addon to cause this at the moment is FuBar - QuestFu. The author knows about the issue and is heavily at work to fix this.

Once again. Download the latest Ace version (1.3) at www.wowace.com and disable every other addon to get the proof. Telling people that Ace is the culprit is just wrong. Sorry.
THANK YOU

I was going to try and see what ACE addon specifically was causing it since I don't use Key Minder, you saved me a ton of effort
04-11-06, 05:13 PM   #10
Pyromaniac
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I would liek to thank all of you for the quick response! Especially those of the Ace community, without you I would die of lag. I have two further questions however:

1) if i comment out the specialevents line to fix it, does special events and any mods dependant on it die as well?

2)any fix for warmup? it causes the same error...

Again, thanks a million for the rapid help, i love you all!

Pyro
04-12-06, 02:02 PM   #11
BTShrump
A Cyclonian

I wasnt tring to spred rumors, I was just going from what I experianced when I tried to log in yesterday after the patch. Thank you for the clear up & now everything works fine.
04-12-06, 02:18 PM   #12
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Pyromaniac
1) if i comment out the specialevents line to fix it, does special events and any mods dependant on it die as well?

2)any fix for warmup? it causes the same error...
1) Nothing uses that module, it's perfectly safe to remove
2) Warmup does not cause the error, Blizzard's dialog box is bugged and doesn't always throw the error for the correct mod. I've had it throw for a number of diffirent mods when the real culprit was somethnig else entirely. PITA eh?
04-12-06, 02:37 PM   #13
Pyromaniac
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

THanks man! Much appreciated, i can play again ^^

Yay go Ace peoples!

Pyro

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Ace blocked from script