12-29-17, 02:09 PM   #1
meggalo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

in game pauses

Hi and thanks for reading and perhaps help me out to understand.
I get bored of wow and the only thing that keeps me going is the different UI compilations people create and I try.
My main problem comes from about 90 percent of ui causes my game to pause for a sec or two when playing. Some uis eg Dec Duff elv are perfect with no problems yet others eg Lui maorui so on all cause this problem.
I have read all solutions but nothing works eg lowering dvx to 9 lower quality so on. I have an aegis ti computer dual 1080s so i don't think its the comp.
So why is it some are ok but most are not?
12-29-17, 03:56 PM   #2
Tim
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, the reason why Elv layouts are more efficient for you is due to the coding infrastructure is done better. Those other 2 you listed aren't standalone but, a compilation so you have to deal with many other addons that may be running poor code. Some of it could be on your end with your game settings, no clue. Good ways to determine which addons are causing issues are to turn them on or off 1 by 1 and determining when there's a difference.
12-29-17, 05:14 PM   #3
meggalo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Well, the reason why Elv layouts are more efficient for you is due to the coding infrastructure is done better. Those other 2 you listed aren't standalone but, a compilation so you have to deal with many other addons that may be running poor code. Some of it could be on your end with your game settings, no clue. Good ways to determine which addons are causing issues are to turn them on or off 1 by 1 and determining when there's a difference.
Yeah true but if say I try lui with no other add-ons it still does it. I enjoyed maorui and as it comes still does it and is the same when I add some of my add-ons. Yet on other's, i can add my addons on top and it doesn't affect it.
Whilst the authors bring them out I suppose it must be ok for them otherwise they would notice it is also.
I had the same problems for years and I found one easy fix I think around 2010 and never had any problems again but do you think I can remember it lol.
Datatext addons used to cause it a lot for me and managed to fix it that way but these compilations I wouldn't know how to disable them.
Could it also be blizzards end as so many complaints in the forums about the same problem?
This the computer i'm using so i should be able to play the game full blast and no problems.
https://www.msi.com/Desktop/Aegis-Ti3/Specification

Last edited by meggalo : 12-29-17 at 05:21 PM.
12-29-17, 06:10 PM   #4
Tim

You're not understanding.. LUI and MaorUI both are compilation suites. This means they are not an all-in-one UI. They have other authors addons packed into their compilation. The problems are lying with this more than likely.
12-29-17, 07:05 PM   #5
meggalo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

You're not understanding.. LUI and MaorUI both are compilation suites. This means they are not an all-in-one UI. They have other authors addons packed into their compilation. The problems are lying with this more than likely.
Yes, i do understand but shouldn't the extra add-ons I use do the same thing to the elvui based ones?
And i asked say lui for instance! once the author updates and releases to the public shouldn't it be doing it for them? or is it something I do my end. And I mean use the UI as it is released not with any extras?
If an addon is poorly coded I hear for an example Loot Appraisal people saying it's poorly coded play up with an elvui set up.
Would it pay to go to the default UI and add my add-ons one by one till it does it, to make sure it's not one of those add-ons?
12-29-17, 09:03 PM   #6
Tim

If you start the game with just the addons you want to use, no ElvUI/LUI/MaoRUI, does the lagging still persist? You should download a bug tracker and install it as well. If the problem persists then you need to update the addons and look into the bug tracker to see if any of your addons are throwing up flags. If the lagging doesn't happen with just your choice of addons installed then there's an issue with a compilation you're trying to use.
01-01-18, 02:11 PM   #7
meggalo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

If you start the game with just the addons you want to use, no ElvUI/LUI/MaoRUI, does the lagging still persist? You should download a bug tracker and install it as well. If the problem persists then you need to update the addons and look into the bug tracker to see if any of your addons are throwing up flags. If the lagging doesn't happen with just your choice of addons installed then there's an issue with a compilation you're trying to use.
Sorry with new years i have been away.
That's the thing i always have buggraber and bugsack and some uis that i have tried don't have any errors and still have the same problem.
That's why I posted here hoping someone might have a fix.
I know all about keeping addons up to date and add-ons that can cause problems so on.
So far only the elv ui ones don't have that problem.
Years ago i had the same problem but that was caused every time I went into a new zone and found out eg bazzoka chocolate and other data brokers used to cause it and was a simple fix but this modern one occur's all the time.
01-01-18, 02:46 PM   #8
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
If you have one or more addons that do things like using one or more unthrottled "OnUpdate" scripts that do a whole lot of things then that can effect game play.

The same addons that only updates the same things say 5, 10, 15 times a second will run a lot more smoothly.
01-01-18, 06:07 PM   #9
meggalo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
If you have one or more addons that do things like using one or more unthrottled "OnUpdate" scripts that do a whole lot of things then that can effect game play.

The same addons that only updates the same things say 5, 10, 15 times a second will run a lot more smoothly.
Thank you and I'm trying your UI to see if it recreates it but you have proven that it isn't wow,or my computer just some bad configured ui's all the time.
I have yet to get an error even after loading some of my add-ons and no pausing in the game what so ever.
10-16-23, 01:41 AM   #10
indexearnest
A Kobold Labourer
I experienced the same issue, but it was brought on every time I entered a new zone. I later learned that previous causes, such as Bazzoka Chocolate and other data brokers, were easily fixed, unlike the current issue, which happens frequently.
01-11-24, 10:04 PM   #11
salmawisoky
A Kobold Labourer
Different UI compilations may utilize various addons, and not all addons are optimized equally. Some addons may be more resource-intensive or have compatibility issues with your specific system configuration, which could result in performance problems.

Drift Boss
01-12-24, 10:46 AM   #12
Waarova
A Kobold Labourer
It seems you're dealing with performance issues related to UI compilations and addons. Have you tried starting the game with just the addons you want to use, excluding ElvUI/LUI/MaoRUI, to see if the lagging persists, and have you identified any specific addons that might be causing the problem?

Additionally, considering the potential impact of unthrottled "OnUpdate" scripts on gameplay, have you examined the update frequency of the addons you're using, especially those that might be resource-intensive, to ensure smoother performance?

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Gameplay » in game pauses