05-16-18, 12:35 PM   #1
opadfnezig
A Defias Bandit
Post Need somebody who can help with writing addon

Not so long ago I understood that I need to make addon. It will be long to explain its meaning, in short it is something like a hybrid of tsm and easyloot. This addon is about looting. I have an experience of programming, know some languages, but never used to work with lua but as I can see this isn't a main problem as there are a lot of lua tutorials on the web. Main problem is wow api and everything connected with it. Yas, we have a wowiki but I can't find things I need there. So, if u interested into helping me to do this, please, msg me. I don't like to ask everything here and then become an object of hating becouse my stupid questions).

Huh, it was a long introduction, here are the questions:
-How can I show the Xml form from Lua?
-I saw SLASH_MYADDON1,SLASH_MYADDON2 = "/myaddon", "/ma" and then something like SlashCmdList["MYADDON"] = new function.... So, it's looking for a variable that have a "MYADDON" in it name and use it? Is it a lua feature and where can I find out about this?
-How can I initialise a ListBox by array of class objects? Is there something like item definition and can I put a checkbox into listbox item?

That's all for now. I'll continue writing into this thread if no one msg.

P.S. Sorry for my possible illiteracy or irrelevance, my english leaves much to be desired.
P.P.S. It's addon for version 5.4.

05-16-18, 01:53 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I can't remember the list side of things so I will leave that to someone more versed in that area however .. here is at least something on the other questions.

The frame you create in XML is shown automatically unless you set it to hidden. If you do that then something like Frame:Show() will show the frame on the screen.

The Slash Command, you might want to look at this page for a working example and some background on it.
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_a_slash_command

But the MYADDON part of what you put is actually the name of your addon... so for example if you created an addon called NezigLoot then you would have the following values. Although the wowwiki page just says it has to be unique .. seeing as your addon name is usually unique enough ( for the most part ) it will do .

SLASH_NEZIGLOOT1,SLASH_NEZIGLOOT2 = "/nezigloot", "/nl"
SlashCmdList["NEZIGLOOT"] = function() ..... end

Originally Posted by opadfnezig View Post
Not so long ago I understood that I need to make addon. It will be long to explain its meaning, in short it is something like a hybrid of tsm and easyloot. This addon is about looting. I have an experience of programming, know some languages, but never used to work with lua but as I can see this isn't a main problem as there are a lot of lua tutorials on the web. Main problem is wow api and everything connected with it. Yas, we have a wowiki but I can't find things I need there. So, if u interested into helping me to do this, please, msg me. I don't like to ask everything here and then become an object of hating becouse my stupid questions).

Huh, it was a long introduction, here are the questions:
-How can I show the Xml form from Lua?
-I saw SLASH_MYADDON1,SLASH_MYADDON2 = "/myaddon", "/ma" and then something like SlashCmdList["MYADDON"] = new function.... So, it's looking for a variable that have a "MYADDON" in it name and use it? Is it a lua feature and where can I find out about this?
-How can I initialise a ListBox by array of class objects? Is there something like item definition and can I put a checkbox into listbox item?

That's all for now. I'll continue writing into this thread if no one msg.

P.S. Sorry for my possible illiteracy or irrelevance, my english leaves much to be desired.
P.P.S. It's addon for version 5.4.

05-16-18, 01:56 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You can forget about getting an answer to your question here. This is an official WoW (Blizzard) fan site, and as such does not support (or show support for) private servers. (It appears that either I was wrong, or someone can't read. Well.)

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 05-16-18 at 02:00 PM. Reason: more blah blah blah.

05-16-18, 02:11 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
*cough*

It appears I can't read ..

But seeing as this particular functionality hasn't changed since then it's no biggie...

But you are of course quite correct jeffy

opadfnezig, until Blizzard releases the Classic Servers and their appropriate Addon API any non current API question shouldn't be asked here as it breaks both the sites rules and Blizzards own rules

05-16-18, 02:22 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeah, it's usually me that makes the mistake. So - no biggie. Well, on my end, anyway.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

05-16-18, 06:47 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Discussion of Private Servers, in any manner other than theoretical, is completely against our rules. We are an Official Fan Site. We follow Blizzard's rules, on top of our own rules.

Threads requesting assistance with Private Servers get locked. Repeated postings get you banned.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Need somebody who can help with writing addon