04-28-18, 05:07 PM   #1
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Minion

Can Minion install BFA addons? I can point it to the Beta directly, but it does not let me pick and install BFA addons.
04-29-18, 03:41 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It is not enabled as a supported category for Minion, as it isn't a category that we generally want everyone (beta access or not) to have access to all the time (beta servers active or not).

Unless Dolby feels differently and wishes to enable it, you'll have to install addons the normal way.
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f..._howto_install
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-29-18, 05:18 PM   #3
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
The reason it isn't enabled is that Minion doesn't know the difference between beta/alpha WoW and live WoW. So if we enable the category in Minion then if a new user installs Minion during the AddOn detection phase Minion may match up AddOns you have installed for live WoW with AddOns ment for beta WoW in our database.

So we need to first have Minion be able to detect WoW beta, etc. Then we could enable just the beta addons for beta WoW. Something we may add in the future.

Last edited by Dolby : 04-29-18 at 05:21 PM.
04-29-18, 05:59 PM   #4
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

Makes sense. It can see my Beta directory, so maybe down the road. In the meantime, I can do it like I used to.
04-29-18, 06:06 PM   #5
Ammako
A Frostmaul Preserver
What if there was an option for the user to manually specify whether you are installing to live or to beta? Or would it not really be worth the trouble of implementing that? since beta doesn't last that long until going live.
Though I guess it could remain useful for PTR.
04-29-18, 07:09 PM   #6
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

it wouldn't be a bad idea to let us mark with tags like curse does.

if I mark 7.20-Beta it will be put into the beta category. You could even do something like 7.20-Release for releases too and if you wanna go more into detail you could let users base their tag like 7.20-BFA or something. Just thoughts. I would love to see the app vastly improved over time. Thanks <3
04-29-18, 07:24 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
The reason it isn't enabled is that Minion doesn't know the difference between beta/alpha WoW and live WoW. So if we enable the category in Minion then if a new user installs Minion during the AddOn detection phase Minion may match up AddOns you have installed for live WoW with AddOns ment for beta WoW in our database.

So we need to first have Minion be able to detect WoW beta, etc. Then we could enable just the beta addons for beta WoW. Something we may add in the future.
Oh, yes. And this.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » PTR » PTR Beta Addons » Minion