10-13-16, 02:41 AM   #1
Fåust
A Defias Bandit
Kgpanels green box issue

I made an interface panel with photoshop. When I try to use it with kgpanels in wow, i get green box. Kgpanels can't open my texture. I tried almost every way but its not working.
I tried 7.0.3 alpha version of kgpanels also I tried 6.0.2 released version too.
I made my panel with photoshop and used alpha channel.Made my panel white in alpha channel and made the transparent parts black. And saved it in .tga format
I'm using shared media addon. I can load the panels that I downloaded. But i cant load the one I created
I don't know why it's not working. And I don't know what's the problem.
Here is my image .psd and .tga files

.tga
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ax60so7r96...onbar.tga?dl=0

.psd
https://www.dropbox.com/s/drf4ust37f...nbarr.psd?dl=0

Can you guys help me to fix this ?
10-13-16, 07:50 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Make sure your panel is 8 pixels per channel (r, g, b, a - that's 32 pixels total) and measures a power of two per side. That's 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 pixels per side. Also, make sure that it has a transparent background.

Let the transparent parts alone - when you make the Alpha channel they should be automatically "colored". REMEMBER that you have to select the part of the image that you want shown in the final version as the panel when you make your Alpha channel BEFORE you make your Alpha channel.

SharedMedia is good, as long as you got the texture registered with it correctly.

Posting links to the images was good, but I have no way to look at the images. I'm working with an old Acer Iconia A100 tablet and I can't install the app (don't have a new enough OS [Android 4.0.3]) and I can dl the image, but, then I can't open it. So........

EDIT : If you're going to make a backdrop for the action bars, use the default kgPanels ....... well, panel for it. You can anchor it to the action bars, and it can be resized. You can even change it's color and alpha.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 10-14-16 at 08:59 AM. Reason: More blah blah blah. Rediculous stuff, really.
10-13-16, 03:14 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yep. It's showing up as 1155 x 170 x 24. It is not the correct dimensions, nor does it have an alpha channel.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-14-16, 09:58 AM   #4
Fåust
A Defias Bandit
I made it 1024x256 and it worked. Thank you
10-14-16, 10:53 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

For my part - You"re Welcome. At least I helped someone, at least a little bit.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 10-14-16 at 10:56 AM.
02-08-18, 03:15 PM   #6
Panthergaming
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

So i tried to make something for my target Frame and its not working i tried every different way you said and the one that worked for you but still nothing can someone help me fix this plez

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjg2vldsbl...led-3.tga?dl=0
02-08-18, 05:07 PM   #7
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
It displays fine. A green box means one of: something wrong with the image, an incorrect path to the image or you didn't completely exit the game before pasting and then restart and try to display the image.

The game caches file names when it starts and won't recognise any new files until you exit and re-start. Once it knows a file exists, you can modify it and then update the changes with /reload.

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 02-08-18 at 05:16 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Kgpanels green box issue