10-18-10, 06:17 AM   #1
Dozi
Configuration issues

I have been using OpenRDX for a two days now, for the most part it has been an interesting journey. I have read all the documents I can find and looked at how others created a UI.

I have almost got my user, target frames looking and working as I want, just a few things I cant figure out.

1) I want an icon & stack count to appear in my health frame of disease, magic, curse & poison that I can dispel. I want the icon to be that of the spell if possible. I have it currently displaying a red square.

2) I would like to set my target frame to an alpha of .5 if out if range. Similar thing I want to achieve with party members is to fade if out of range/not in line of site. No matter how many ways I try to achieve this I either get a frame which never fades or is always faded.

3) Vuhdo & Stuff has an option to test your layout, is this possible with openRDX. The reason I ask is I want to test my party layout without being in a party.

4) What is the best way to display if a pary member has gone afk, dead, or disconnected, I just have not figured it out yet. (To be honest I have not looked into this one very hard yet.)

Cheers for any help/pointers in the right direction.
10-20-10, 07:29 AM   #2
Mask647
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
to have shaded frames if target is not in range you have to edit unitframe, then in the end of list of features (left column) add varaible (inrange) then add conditional alfa shader and configure it using your varaible (true or false put your 0.5 for shading)

soory for messy explaination
10-20-10, 07:41 AM   #3
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Hello

1) You have a variable decurse which provide a icon texture. Use a apply texture shader to show it in a texture feature. The stack count is not available, It is complicated to do it.

2) Range for target is not available. I am working to add it in RDX7.5

3) Only available with RDX 7.5 (debug menu, activate dummy roster)

4) you have a status text to do it.

Cheers
Sigg
10-20-10, 08:58 AM   #4
Dozi
Many thanks for your replies, i will be trying them out a bit later.

Is there any way that I can download 7.5 to test?, I can't find a download link for it

Cheers.
10-20-10, 09:13 AM   #5
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
7.5 is still in alpha version and it should not be used in live.

7.5 is only available in our code repository SVN.

There is no release date for now.

many things can still change.
10-26-10, 06:51 AM   #6
Fhait
A Cliff Giant
Layout Option

If you 'unlock' the desktop you should be able to see all the windows you have elected to open even if they do not currently have any populated data.

You can then move them around, resize them using the 'Layout' option, dock the windows together, etc. Keep in mind that for any windows that don't currently have any data in them, the window that you see will be the dimensions of the 'Base' frame, so don't go resizing based on what you want the frame to look like once you have party/raid data in there. What I do is I build my Base frames to the dimensions of what I want the first data element in the list to look like.

Once you are done, lock the window again and everything will stay where you placed them. (and unpopulated windows will vanish until you populate them)

Hope that helps.

= F

Last edited by Fhait : 10-26-10 at 06:54 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Configuration issues