arno933
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Dimencia View Post
"walks back and forth chewing on nails"

hi m8 , i think the chuck norris comic really deserves a win
09-01-08, 04:19 PM   #62
Hanakabo17
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Are you going to announce winners today or not?

i dont mean to sound like im rushing you, but i want to see the winners

Last edited by Hanakabo17 : 09-01-08 at 04:36 PM.
09-01-08, 05:12 PM   #63
celebi23
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Hanakabo17 View Post
Are you going to announce winners today or not?

i dont mean to sound like im rushing you, but i want to see the winners
Yeah, me too. Just seeing if the winners were announced yet. Not trying to rush the judges, just interested is all
09-01-08, 06:13 PM   #64
TomWolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Entered four contests to win this pet. I'm a bit silly but vanity pets are the major driving force for me in WoW. Getting good gear doesn't even come close to the thrill of getting a rare pet.
09-01-08, 06:17 PM   #65
Howlsatmoonlight
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone, while we all sit here anxiously awaiting news
09-01-08, 06:37 PM   #66
AcidRain
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by TomWolf View Post
Entered four contests to win this pet. I'm a bit silly but vanity pets are the major driving force for me in WoW. Getting good gear doesn't even come close to the thrill of getting a rare pet.
Entertainingly enough, I also really, really want the Tyriel pet. Not so much because I love vanity pets but because Tyriel is freaking awesome.

I love me some Diablo

Mind you, I also want to be in beta, so it's win-win :P
09-01-08, 06:53 PM   #67
TomWolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
Havn't updated a webpage this many times during a day since I stopped using hotmail sometime during the 90s. =D
09-01-08, 06:54 PM   #68
Arathius
A Fallenroot Satyr
Same here, I just started collecting pets a bit before this contest started, its a lot more fun than questing and doing instances to me. I've been trying for the Hyacinth Macaw for the past week or so, so far I've gotten 25 blues, a epic, and another 1/10k drop, the first mates hat, but not one macaw yet. Of course if I win Tyrael, it would be the crown of my collection from now on and no other pet would ever compare to him.

I'm also wanting to be in the beta, but Tyrael is more important to me as I can actually continue using him after WOTLK comes out lol.

Last edited by Arathius : 09-01-08 at 07:01 PM.
09-01-08, 07:24 PM   #69
TomWolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
well if you or Tom wins....give me the beta key if i dont win lol
If you'd give me the pet
09-01-08, 07:50 PM   #70
Arathius
A Fallenroot Satyr
well if you or Tom wins....give me the beta key if i dont win lol
Yea... no.

You have more of a chance of winning than me anyways lol.
09-01-08, 08:04 PM   #71
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I had planned on it (announcing the winners today), but some of my staff forgot to vote before they went away for the long weekend, so I'm debating whether to wait for them to get back and vote or not ... /ponder
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
09-01-08, 08:07 PM   #72
TomWolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
How long? How many more nights do we have to cry ourselves to sleep only to waken anxious the next morning with our head on the keyboard and the fingers allready on the mouse to update the webpage?

Seriously though =) in my very humble opinion it depends on how many that can't vote and how long until they get back to do the voting =) Perhaps if there are so few of the staff that have voted that you feel it's not representative you should wait but if you don't feel the extra votes will change everything it's fine?

what....I don't update every second...only because I answer your post 3 min after you posted it...I'm not a freak..I'm not!!!!

Last edited by TomWolf : 09-01-08 at 08:10 PM.
09-01-08, 08:09 PM   #73
Hanakabo17
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

How long? How many more nights do we have to cry ourselves to sleep only to waken anxious the next morning with our head on the keyboard and the fingers allready on the mouse to update the webpage?
Hahaha nice
09-01-08, 08:22 PM   #74
Howlsatmoonlight
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I think if we have to wait much longer my wife may in fact kill me because I have been annoying her so much! I think I am driving her crazy by making her refresh this page every 5 minutes while she is trying to do things on the web. The suspense is killing me! Please, I beg of you, don't make us wait! I even downloaded the beta software over the weekend just in case I won
09-01-08, 08:26 PM   #75
Eberict
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
I had planned on it (announcing the winners today), but some of my staff forgot to vote before they went away for the long weekend, so I'm debating whether to wait for them to get back and vote or not ... /ponder
Hahaha, it'll be tomorrow and less than twenty of the contestants will be functional. The rest will have gone to hospital for various ulcers and nervous pain conditions, xD.

Me? My router will explode two minutes before the announcement and it will be a week before I can come back to check on the results. C'est la vie.

[Totally Awesome Warlock Cloak], how I yearn for thee~
09-01-08, 08:30 PM   #76
Howlsatmoonlight
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i should have done that >< whats the link?

beta.worldofwarcraft.com right?
I think you have to have a functioning beta key to download from there, but MMO-Champion had a link to the download, which worked fine for me.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downl...ader-enUS.html
09-01-08, 08:32 PM   #77
TomWolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
http://www.worldofwar.net/n/416639/b...e-untold-story

The writer there also chose an easier path to download the beta rather then through the official torrent. (I went to thepiratebay.org)
09-01-08, 08:32 PM   #78
Eberict
A Murloc Raider

Eberict: Not quite cartoony enough for my taste in a cartoon competition but I do like the humor since I've seen it happen as well. Not quite the last second like that but we went for loot for a guildmate and did the instance 7 times that night just for him...about 10 sec before the boss went down the 7th time he went offline, the boss dropped what he needed and we waited for 20 min before giving up. Five minutes later he came back online. **
It's the way of the world to be cruel, I think, particularly when the Random Number Generator is involved. The RNG Giveth, the RNG Taketh. In my guild on Shadow Council, the RNG is a deific being that spites all classes relying upon critical chance. We pray to it, and it laughs in our faces.

Maybe I shouldn't have made the text area look hyper-realistic, in retrospec, but there was no way to tell that joke using text bubbles without an epic undertaking spanning 1980px by >9000px, :3. I was more concerned with keeping the integrity of the humour within the time limit I had (15 hours, raiding commitments, real life work, aaaa!)

Cheers for the input, mate,
09-01-08, 08:33 PM   #79
Hanakabo17
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Well, i hope they announce winners tomorrow. my fingers are practically bleeding from me chewing them all day. Ah well, Gears of War kept me entertained while i waited. for the most part, anyway
09-01-08, 08:50 PM   #80
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
WotLKWiki has full downloads for all of the clients. Look for the Current WotLK Test Build box in the top right corner. They have the most recent patch, but they also have the full downloads as well.

As for not having announced yet and not sure if I'm going to announce today or tomorrow ... sorry guys, but I actually took part of the day off myself () and just got home. Plus, it's not like it is any more or less fair if I announce it tomorrow than today. No one else can enter, Blizzard wasn't in their offices today, one day isn't going to make a huge difference.

Last edited by Cairenn : 09-01-08 at 08:58 PM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » WoWInterface Comic Contest Discussion Thread