12-16-10, 03:18 PM   #1
Cowski
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ok...I give up...

Alright. I downloaded & installed nUI+...extremely impressed!! I am quickly becoming a nUI+ fanatic! Great job!!

At this point I have no problems with it. I'm still trying to figure out how to do things with it. My only question is, and I looked not only in the forums for this answer but deep into the code as well & I wasn't able to find this. I apologize if this has been asked or addressed.

The only issue I have with this is there is no config screen. Or at least none I was able to find. I searched the code (which I usually do if I can't find it in any documentation that accompanies an addon).

Is there no configuration screen for nUI/nUI+?? I mean with a huge UI like this one would think there would be. "commands" are not for the faint of heart. I'm not the faint of heart but quite honestly commands are a pain in the keester I think. I don't know if I'm in the minority when I say that, but wow...I can't believe I can't find a config screen for this awesome UI.

Why do I need one? I understand Scott' desire to make nUI a "all in one package", but something of this magnitude, needs some sort of easily used config screen IMO.

Orrrr...I just haven't found it yet. If it's indeed in there...how do I access it? If it isn't in there, are there plans to add one? I know I read a forum message from Scott from sometime last year about implementing one (I think that's how I read it) but may be wrong.

Please don't blast me...I'm just a user asking a question about this UI.

Thanks again, Scott! Keep up the great work!

12-16-10, 04:43 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The original nUI I suspect was not as extensive as it is today and thus started off with simple slash commands to change some of the items. As more and more people used it more and more people wanted to change things.

To that end both Kodewulf and myself made UIs to change these settings by calling the slash commands based on the users changes.

Take a look under the nUI download pages and look through the different options. http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat125.html

Amongst them are enhancements to nUI http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat136.html including various Config screens from Kodewulf and a drop down menu version from myself. These work with the original nUI 5 which is at end of life at present but working for the most part with the latest incarnation of wow.

Scott himself is working on nUI 6 which will have a built in GUI setup if I remember rightly which will make things easier.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Ok...I give up...