10-12-12, 11:03 AM   #1
steph21193
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite Help!!!!

So I love carbonite and I cant play without it but the quest tracking isnt working for me. Ive read all the formus and I cant find a solution. I have set the settings the right way but nothing shows up on the map. I really need the colors on the minimap so i know where to go.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thank you

10-12-12, 11:53 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
The quest database hasn't been updated, afaik, since before Cataclysm, so quests that have been introduced since Cata (included Cata quests) probably aren't in it. So for example, the pandaren starting quests aren't in the database. Other starting areas may have similar problems, since the areas themselves have been redone in MoP. In addition, quests in Pandaria and probably all the Cata areas (Twilight Highlands, etc.) aren't there. Older quests should be there.

That doesn't address the specific problem you mentioned entirely, of course. Where to put the color overlays is part of the database, but iirc, there was some kind of problem with having them at all, and I think they've been turned off until Rythal has time to work on them. As far as that goes, Rythal has an awful lot on his plate, and these overlays may not be top of the priority list. So we're going to have to be patient. In the meantime, each quest has a "go to" point, and most of them are in the database and displayed on the map. So go there, and look around. You'll find what you need.

10-12-12, 12:04 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by steph21193 View Post
So I love carbonite and I cant play without it but the quest tracking isnt working for me. Ive read all the formus and I cant find a solution. I have set the settings the right way but nothing shows up on the map. I really need the colors on the minimap so i know where to go.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thank you
  1. ) First, make sure you are watching the quests. Look at the Quest Watch window. If there are no "white orbs" in front of the quests, you are not watching them. I think there is an option to "Watch All Quests" on the "Quest" page of Carbonites options, but I know there is one on the Quest Watch window menu button.
  2. ) Make sure the green button on the Quest Watch header (the part with the colored buttons) is BRIGHT GREEN. If it isn't, just click it to change its' state.
Click image for larger version

Name:	QB-1.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	7284

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Help!!!!